Saturday, December 31, 2011

AARGH!!!!!!!

On a day as dreary as today and given its somewhat noteworthy position near the edge of the year,  I should have been reflecting on past mistakes, future endeavors, or at the least contemplating my naval.  Instead, I chose to attempt one more time to do two things that have been consistent in their refusal to bend to my will.

It all started with Twitter.  I have had a Twitter account I guess for a couple of years now.  In that time I have tweeted twice, have 4 followers, and I am supposedly following two others.  Obviously I have not gotten into the Tweeting thing.  Either that, or my existence on this planet is much sadder than even I thought it was.    So this morning I decided I would take one more hesitant step into the 21st century and figure out how Twitter works.



Simply put, I failed.  Whether it is a mental block or that I am just the dumass I have always suspected I am, whatever it is about Twitter, it just does not compute like most of the buttons on the cable remote don't compute.

Interlude- Now that one thumb is pounded numb, let's take that hammer and pound the other thumb numb also.  Looking like another Homer Simpson kinda day........................

Completely frustrated and pissed off  by 7:00 AM, I chose to not just prolong my agony but somehow I managed to intensify it.  I decided to upload my image into two different sites so that instead of some cute little graphic next to my comment, a picture of me pops up.  Avatars are their name, and fucking with my head is their game.

Seems these sites have very specific rules regarding how big an image can be before it will accept them.  I knew that going in, but no matter how small I made an image, the red line of rejection popped up,  "Your image must not exceed 6 KB..................

Or as I interpreted it, "Hey Dumass, this is the sixth time you have tried to cram ten gallons of shit into a five gallon bucket.  What about the first five rejections did you not understand?"

So instead of my traditional trip down memory lane on this New Year's Eve, I offer only a traditional replay of my war with the present.  It is an ongoing battle that each year finds me losing more ground.

So I guess my message for the new year would be:

Try not to lose  too much ground this next year, but don't agonize too much of you do.  The ground you will lose is probably not worth the effort to hold onto it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS !!!
___________________________________

10 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, too. I have given up on Twitter and am trying to use Facebook more. I have learned to limit friends by simply messaging those I want to communicate with only once in a while. Saves having email addresses.

Kulkuri said...

I'm not a Twit, er Twitterer. I've never even bothered to check it out. Altho that may change sometime in the future, or not. Beginning to wonder why I even have e-mail. In the past year could probably count the number of personal e-mails on one hand.

Hope this year is better than the last.

yellowdoggranny said...

I did the twitter thing for a while..then I thought...???if I have a twitter account and I send messages out it's calling tweeting which would make me a twitterer or a twit.I worked to hard all my life to be an asshole to down grade myownself to a twit..so I stopped ..

yellowdoggranny said...

oh..happy new year.

John Myste said...

I have avoided FaceBook and Twitter. I am often a wordy fellow. Try having a debate on Twitter. I don't think it works.

John Myste said...

Oh, and the orgy of openness that is Face Book does not appeal to me.

BBC said...

I've never been interested in twitter or facefuck. I still do a lot of emails, mostly group emails.

I took Helen for an enjoyable 3 1/2 hour ride, it sure was nice here today.

Mauigirl said...

Happy New Year! I'm with you on the Twitter thing. Every once in awhile I make a paltry effort to tweet something and then I don't do it again for about 2 months. I don't think I have what it takes either.

Mr. Charleston said...

I'm the same way with Facebook. The damned thing just eludes me. Who gives a shit what someone ate for breakfast? I guess the thing is, I'm just not social. At least, not in the instant messaging social media sense. I seem to be more suited to the blogosphere.

PipeTobacco said...

Mike:

I understand and share your confusion about the value of Twitter or FaceBook. I have explored them each a bit as have you, but cannot for the life of me get any enthusiasm to participate. It is, I believe, some sort of group dynamic that either a) I have never been a part of, b) one that I have actively avoided/ignored, or c) a new dynamic that my already firmly wired brain will not accommodate.

I like that you reused that picture... I think it is one of the best ones you have shown on your blog. It is very realistically expressing frustration.

PipeTobacco