Thursday, July 14, 2022

Wake n Bake

 It is 4:30 AM Sunday morning. An hour ago, I made the mistake of not immediately going back to sleep after my usual Dark Thirty bathroom break. As I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stumbled to the kitchen, I told myself I just wanted a drink of water. Nothing worse than waking up with a parched palate.

My second mistake was shaking the insulated pot holding the remnants of yesterday's coffee. Hmm, enough left for at least one cup. While the microwave was having its way with my day old coffee, I went into the office and cranked up the computer. I guess I had finally made a decision. Awake it was, good bye sleep and that very cool dream I should have been eager to get back to.

And then I committed the final mistake that ensured my day was going to be interesting. I found a roach on the stove. Not a wiggly alive roach. We don't have them here in Acton, or at least not in our house anyway. I'm referring to the smoking kind of roach.

I am still a tad hazy from just waking up. I ask myself, 

"Who left that on the stove?"

I picked it up. I studied it. I realized it looked damn familiar. Yet, I was still wondering who would leave it on the stove? I wouldn't leave it there. 

I headed back into the office and sat down at the computer. I figured the only way I would know if it was one of mine would be to spark it up. 

Made sense at the time.

Now it is  4:30 AM. The Sun is not even up and I am righteously baked. Reminds me of college.

Damn good thing I am retired. 

_____________________________

Music for this post was an easy find. "Wake n Bake" by Simplified. Nice tune.


6 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Hah! It sounds like an enjoyable time. Yet, I am not sure if a) this was something you wrote a few days ago and forgot to publish, or b) the marijuana was pleasantly potent enough to make you think today is Sunday, even though it is Thursday. 😜

Either way, it sounds like a lot of fun.

PipeTobacco

peppylady (Dora) said...

I actual don't mid reheat coffee.
Coffee is on and stay safe

yellowdoggranny said...

I love this so much....soooooo much.

PipeTobacco said...

Mike… by the way, may I ask what that holder is for the marijuana cigarette? It LOOKS like an old knob from 30s and 40a era wiring systems in houses of that era.

PipeTobacco

MRMacrum said...

Pipe Tobacco - Yeah, the post was written on a Sunday and delayed because of the loosedog ways of the author. He failed to meet his self imposed deadline.

And yes, the joint is stuck in an old electrical insulator I salvaged from the old fence that surrounded our property when we moved here in the mid 1960's. They work great. But sadly I am unable to get a good friend of mine to use it. I call it the sphincter pipe because looking at it without a joint, it reminded me of and puckered pig butt. My friend just could not get past the image he conjured up in his mind. I assume he would probably not smoke the penis pipe a female roommate back in the 1970s had.

The Blog Fodder said...

I can identify with the day old coffee in the nuc. Somedays I am a French Press connoisseur and other days anything hot, black, wet, and bitter will work.