Saturday, July 23, 2022

Hotter Than a Fart on a Griddle

So, it's hotter than a fart on a griddle here in Maine right now. While it never hit 100'F here in Acton, supposedly in Sanford, 260 feet lower and only eight miles away, I was told it hit 104'F. 

I cannot remember ever experiencing three digit temps here in Maine. Once when I stopped at a truck stop near 99 Palms, California in the 1970s, the fuel jockey told me it was 108'F. ............ Anyway, we Mainers cannot feel smug any longer. The summer is not being friendly this year, not even here.

Side Note - The image on the left is a heat wave warning sent out by my local healthcare clinic. I know Heat Index is a combination of humidity and temperature, but when it says 100'F+, it is damn hot. 

I was relying on anecdotal evidence supplied me by locals regarding the purported 104'F a few days ago in Sanford. I cannot verify it with any official report from any one who might be construed as an official source. Does not matter. It has been damn hot now for a week and I think it's time for us to secede from the USA and ask Canada to embrace us. I bet we would have a ten degree temperature drop at the least just for becoming Canadians. Besides, even with their current strain of political madness they contracted from us here in the States, I would rather feel their political heat than ours at the moment.

Yesterday my wife had a second shoulder makeover. She is now resting somewhat comfortably numb, her arm safely contained in a sling, and a nerve block that is, as it was last time, slow to give up its grip on her. BA now has pounds of titanium, embedded in her body. 

It is funny, but I did not consider what all that titanium, screws and other hardware would mean when at the airport trying to catch a plane. With all the paranoia regarding what someone might smuggle on board, does all that metal in both shoulders mean strip searching the next time she tries to board an airplane?

Unanswerable questions like that often come to me when I sit calm and befuddled after consuming some especially fine Sativa, Indica or a hybrid of both. And more often than not, I quickly file that unanswerable question in my overflowing madness file my inner man trips over on a regular basis.

So, its Saturday. It's hot. And I am even less ambitious than I usually am. Take it easy out there and....

Keep it 'tween the ditches ........................................

_____________________________

I knew right out of the gate what tune would work for this post. The past week of humid Hell brought me back to my summers in the late 1960s existing in the sweat dripping Hell that is Washington DC area in the summer. I put up hard earned allowance money for a forty five of this tune. I even went on a waiting list. The record had not even been distributed yet. I think it cost 50 cents.

There is another Lovin Spoonful tune that dovetails well with this song. So I am offering both "Summer in the City" and "Daydream". They go together like dog shit and new shoes. ( Not sure where that came from..... Oh Well.)

Lovin Spoonful is one band I wished had survived longer than it did. Truly talented. That's what they were.


3 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

Glad to hear your spouse is getting the care she needs. It may not register on the airport scanners. I have enough rebar in my gut to pour a small driveway but it does not register so I am not sure what the material is.
Hotter than the hubs all over the world these days. 40C in London (104F) for the first time in history. Fires in southern Europe. Not a good summer.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't care how you cut it. It hot.
Coffee is on and stay safe

yellowdoggranny said...

hope she's doing ok....