Friday, July 29, 2022

The End

After 15 years of research, some Japanese astronomers have concluded that our planet and the solar system it calls home is 2,000 light years closer to the black hole at the center of our galaxy. Add to that, we are traveling 16,000 mph faster on this journey than previously thought.

I am immediately reminded of my toilet as a floater swirls around to make its escape. It seems to spin faster as it approaches the point of no return. With our astronomical time set to run out sooner than expected, I wonder if we might want to pack our bags and be ready to re-locate anytime soon.

Notice the image to the left. It is full of nonsensical lines, numbers, cosmic names and odd angles drawn in just to impress us. Never mind them. The important one is the "We are here" notation. That yellow circle about an inch or so from the center of the Milky Way is us. Again, it seems to me someone should be sounding an alarm of some kind. 

I just performed an intensive and exhaustive two minute investigation trying to find out how long we have until our floater, the Earth, is flushed out of existence forever. It came as no surprise to me that there is no real information of substance out there that specifically addresses "How much more time does our planet have before the evil black hole gets us."

One answer purportedly from an actual astronomer indicated we have nothing to fear. Not everything will end up in the black hole. Another answer indicated it won't happen at all. But in case it does, it will be one day later than Forever when it happens. ............ All this deflection and misinformation and no one can tell me when we can expect the end. I was of a mind they don't want to let us know because it is going to happen soon. 

I happened to mention this whole Black Hole/Milky Way issue with my neighbor. He keeps his ear to the ground better than I do in the dark corners of the catastrophe culture. He smiled at me, put his hand on my shoulder.

"We're fucked dude. The End is scheduled for a week from tomorrow. I hope your bags are packed and you will be wearing clean underwear. They don't let folks into Heaven wearing dirty skivvies."

I have never known my neighbor to be wrong about anything. My advice would be to play it safe and instead, buy new underwear for the trip. Depending on the old undies can let one down.

Keep it 'tween the ditches .................................................

______________________________

I woke up this morning and immediately began to hum the REM tine, "The end of the World as we know it".  I assume the dream I was enjoying just before my eyes popped open had something to do with "The End".


5 comments:

BBC said...

Fuck new underwear, I'll stitch to what is in style when I get there.

One from Ukraine said...

There is observation of numbers that is much more intriguing.

Like.
Our Universe is like 14 billion years.
But our Sun and solar system is like only 4.
Multicelular life is about 500 millions.
And our era... after dinos died out is only about 50.
Of which time when us homo appeared is around 5.
When we became like sapiens, only 500 thousands or something.
Of which our culture is less then 50 thousand years, when we started to spread over Earth.
And less then 5 thousand of our written culture.
Of which only 500 years we seems like groked Science.
And 100 years or less of our Modern Society, which can ask and answer to such a questions as in such post...

Go talk about whirlwind...

MRMacrum said...

BBC - I'm tellin you, its never wrong to pack new underwear when going on a trip.

One from the Ukraine - Doesn't look so good for humans. Makes sense. We are terrible house guests.

One from Ukraine said...

Oh, I myself saw it more positive way. Like, something interesting can happen and very soon.

But yeah, negative POV is also possible.

Same thing with that Black Hole scenario. Who knows?
Some scientists say that it is not the end, but just an entrance to a new more brighter Universe. ;-)

yellowdoggranny said...

ha...what did I tell you?...we're fucked.