Tuesday, October 11, 2022

An Update of Sorts


I will often have an itch to write, but have nothing to say. Anyone who has read my drivel on a regular basis knows I am not lying. I will, as I have this morning, just start writing and let that first thought dictate the result. No direction, no salient point. Just write for writing's sake.

I make no apologies, though I used to. 

When I created the "BoZone", I had no plan, reason or rhyme. I had heard of blogs and thought I might try it. That was eighteen years ago on Tuesday, December 2, 2004. Since then I have penned over 2000 posts, publishing over 1500 of them. As of today, this moment,  519,132 people have visited my blog; 8000 of whom left comments. And after all that time, I still sit down most days without anything in mind to write about.

I have never given those statistics much thought. The level of traffic has ebbed and flowed. I have paid almost no attention. If I had monetized this blog, I might be more aware of how many people visit per day, per week, per who gives a fuck.

I have flirted with discontinuing the BoZone at different times in the past 18 years. I would anguish up different reasons to not continue. In the end, the prospect of returning to writing in spiral notebooks with handwriting even I sometimes have trouble decoding; well, that always brought me back to my blog. Writing in my blog was so much easier and it offered me a wonderful place to cache all the thoughts I considered worth saving, even if the folks out the in the blogosphere thought differently.

Once again I have successfully screwed the pooch and placed out there in the Internet ether more useless and wasted bytes of nonsense that will have no impact on anything of substance. Just some more Crum flapping his lips trying to not influence anyone, but just a shout out that says, .......... 

"Hey, I am still here and this is what I think today."

Keep it 'tween the ditches ...........................................

_______________________________

Yeah, what music would go with this post? ..................... Let's go random as that is where the above post came from anyway.

The song, "96 Tears", was recorded by " ? & the Mysterians " in 1966. It has always been my contention that their band name is the best band name in history. "Question Mark" was their lead singer. All of them were sons of migrant farm workers living in northern Michigan. "96 Tears" was their one hit wonder and it was a doozy. The song is #210 on Rolling Stone's 2004 list of the 500 greatest Rock songs of all time. We used to rock out hard to this tune at Teen clubs and dances coast to coast. 

BTW - The collage at the top is my fault. I came across that image of the Beatles and remembered it from my teen days. I think it was associated with the movie, "Help". Anyway, I always liked it and I wanted to do something that indicated what might be on these boys' minds. Everyone knows what is always on boys' minds.

2 comments:

One from Ukraine said...

Well... I think that idea behind writing it's... to unveil some story.

But not all people have courage to do that.

Even great ones wussing and makeing excuses.
(do you know beginning of don Kihote) ;-)

Nancy said...

Please keep writing! For better or for worse...