Sunday, April 24, 2022

Snooze, You Lose, Now I Got Nothing


An hour ago I was pumped, primed, and ready to rip off 500 words on something or other I felt at the time was so important it was all I thought about until I sat down here in front of the blank screen. As if on cue, my mind took the blank screen's suggestion and followed suit. I sit here now wallowing in my usual state of mind; Lights are on and again Mike's not home.

What is really irritating, is what was a momentary moment of brilliance that was bound to astound, amaze and possibly create weak knees somewhere out there in the far reaches of the internet ether continued to tease me with nose thumbing as they moved along to the next clown who might be ready to take advantage of such awesome reflections, conjectures and observations. 

In seventy years of taking up space, I certainly have had enough twinges of regret after I did not do this or failed to do that when the moment came to fish or cut bait. However, for each opportunity that knocked and I was not home or hid behind the couch until Opportunity stopped knocking and found some other poor slob to bother, I am fairly certain I did jump on most of the snooze you lose moments that passed my way. I certainly peppered my life with interesting times, situations and strangers who most days made me thankful I had met them.

There were some notable regrets though. Some regrets came instantly and other regrets had to mature over time in order for me to feel their full magnitude. The slow burning regrets were the ones that hurt the worst, had the biggest impact, left the deepest scars. Thankfully, the instant regrets only resulted in trips to the ER, apologizing profusely, or digging into a pocket to throw good money after bad.

But honestly as I consider regrets along with snoozing and losing; overall I would have to say that the only regret I have is I did not jump into the frying pan more often than I did. However, given my my checkered past I will most likely continue snoozing and losing on a semi regular basis.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ................................................

______________________

Struggled this time finding music I thought fit the post. Growing frustrated, I picked a tune that always makes me smile. It is a medley by IZ of "Over the Rainbow" and "What a Wonderful World". And this tune sort of fits because no matter how deep a regret is, play this tune and perspective will return. It is indeed a Wonderful World we live in.

Image from "Ukulele Magazine" 

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

can't tell you how many times I've thought ..fuckit..I'm shutting ydg down.. I'm tired, this is too much trouble I'd rather spend my time figuring out how to get out of trouble. But each time I go well fuckit..what else to I have to do ??? It's been 17 fucking years...I've stuck with this blog longer than all 3 of my marriages put together...longer than I've had gg's.. longer than my last 3 pets. Maybe when I hit the 20 year mark. Or fuckit..when I croak...