Tuesday, April 19, 2022

My Excuse Index

It's another dreary rainy day in April. 39' F. Just enough rain coming down to make me wish I had found that umbrella or rain coat before I went out with Maggie for her morning pee. Any outside plans I may have had for today should have been attempted yesterday before I put them off to accomplish today. I was sure I would be in more of a nose to the grindstone state of mind on a Tuesday than on a Monday, the least productive day of any week.

Of course I failed to and still fail to acknowledge that every day in my life now is not a Monday, nor any other day of the week. Now days, every day is nothing but another day of retirement. And that is fine. But with every day holding the same significance , trying to use excuses for my slothly ways based on traditional working man excuses falls flat. Again, that's okay. I just invoke one of the new rules I have developed because of retirement. There are no rules now, I'm retired. ............ Yeah, I am good with that.

Does this mean I no longer have any obligations and duties? Of course not. I have just adjusted my excuse index to reflect my new station in Life. If there is work to be done, in case of an emergency or even just because I do not feel like doing it, there needs to be a work around work that will be there the waiting for whenever, so why push so hard? After all Life is now but a really long weekend.

Nothing like enjoying the guilt of not doing what you promised yourself you would do.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ...................................

______________________

My music choice for this post has to be "Lazy", by Deep Purple. Saw them at Constitution Hall in DC, 1971 - I think. 


  

9 comments:

BBC said...

Yup

The Blog Fodder said...

For sure. Tuesday was the only important day in my life as it was garbage pickup day. Now I'll have to find a new reason to know the day or date.

Kulkuri said...

Every day is Saturday.

Ol'Buzzard said...

You got that right - I have a shed to move...maybe next week.

the Ol'Buzzard

One from Ukraine said...

Like someone said -- flying it's easy -- it's just falling directly to the ground... and missing. :)

yellowdoggranny said...

as long as every day isn't Wednesday

One from Ukraine said...

May I ask this question?

I beg me a pardon, and have nothing against you deleting it if you see it unfitting or something.

But, you know who keep bragging about rise of fatique and growing ignore of "news about Ukraine" -- easy to see why that is so important.
So.
Can you give some feedback on that?

MRMacrum said...

To all my older than dirt internet buds- You all warned me about retirement and now I get it. Fighting it is useless when there is so much more trouble to get in.

One from Ukraine - News about Ukraine - I cannot speak for others and their "Ukraine Fatigue". For myself, my lack of voicing my horror, my anger, my complete feeling of helplessness over Ukraine is not because of fatigue. I read, listen, and watch many stories every day about the war in Ukraine. For my own sanity, I refrain from commenting because, other than donating to the cause, voicing my outrage is only affecting my mental health and does nothing to help Ukrainians.

One from Ukraine said...

Thank you very much.