Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Mother Russia is an Evil Whore

So I just caught more news regarding claims that Russia has created forced labor/concentration camps and are putting displaced Ukrainians to work in them. What's being spread on the various media outlets, does not appear to be accompanied with strong evidence, just rumor and innuendo at this point.. I have not seen any images yet, just claims made.

Given the ruthlessness Putin has exhibited so far in all his bad behavior going back to how he treated Chechnya in 1999, I would not put it past him. He has already sanctioned the murder and rape of Ukrainian civilians. It is not too much of a leap to believe he would also include work/concentration camps. 

Putin is nothing but an ex-communist thug who is determined to own another piece of land he feels is rightfully Russia's. And if he has to do it with scorched earth tactics, he will. His lousy record is filled with documented atrocities and blatant lies about those evil deeds and leads me to think the reports of forced labor and conscription might be true. But I will hold my opinion until more experts speak up.

I have no doubt however that a news cycle spin machine is also working overtime in the Ukrainian media to put its own twist on the war and the events that take place inside it. That is to be expected. Every country is going to to put a positive spin on the news, especially when positive news is what bolsters much of the Rah Rah support for the issue being reported on. But, and this is a big but. In my opinion, so far the Ukrainian reports from their military and governing bodies have been closer to believable than the torrent of outrageous and shameless lies created by Putin's propaganda machine. 

It is one thing to twist a story some to reflect better notions in the targeted audience than to totally warp the truth until there is not even one grain of truth left in the report. And no, I no longer nor really ever did give Putin or any other Russian leader the benefit of the doubt. Russia is historically a country of liars controlling a population who loved to be lied to. Mother Russia is an evil whore who will promise anything, do anything, and lie about anything to get her way.

My rule so far in this awful situation in Ukraine is to mostly trust the war narrative coming out of Kyiv and listen to the Russian bullshit at least, just to see how far out in left field they are.

I have refrained from commenting on the war in Ukraine in recent weeks. Every day I come away from reading about another new horror Ukrainians have to deal with and all my years of hatred for anything to do with war boils up and I feel sick. For my own peace of mind, I will continue to not post as much about Ukraine as I probably should, but hey, if its turning me into a basket case, then I am no good to anyone, not even myself.

As ever, I will do my best to "Keep it 'tween the ditches". I hope you will too.

_________________________

Now it is time to pick some music for this post. It seems picking a tune here should be one based on emotion rather than pure anger. I choose this Ukrainian folk song sung by a Ukrainian who left his band touring in the US to return to Ukraine to fight the Russians. Not sure of the name of the song, and I couldn't understand a single lyric, but it brought tears.

Anyway - Here is Andriy Khlyvnyuk 


4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I would use the word Nazi and a Fascist to for Putin
Coffee is on and stay safe.

One from Ukraine said...

Given how thier own people live -- and that is not secret or closed information, just not interesting.
But still, there is western journalists reports on that. Like from DW Deuthe Waile channel I saw.

Given that... HOW they could provide something better to a prisoners of war... even if they'd want to show their benevolence that much???

Anonymous said...

\\\Anyway - Here is Andriy Khlyvnyuk

Yes, that is the best.
Also there is caver with Pink Floyd, I think.
And many-many other flicks today.


Lyric.
Well, that's complicated. And very simple too.
It based on metaphorical comparation of a red kalyna (bush-like tree with red grapes) with Ukraine itself.
That is granted, as weman in Ukraine from ancient ages times was beautifing themself with it's bright red grapes.

And then, there is a plage of loyalty and protection to that feminine image of Ukraine.

Well, that was military song too, around 100 years ago, during our first uprising against ruSSia, our revolution.

yellowdoggranny said...

will someone not rid us of this sadistic asshole/