Monday, January 08, 2024

We Got 2nd Place

 

A quick follow up to the quality snow storm we received yesterday.

Seems Acton once again failed to win the snowfall total contest for the state. We often come close, but usually one of the loser towns around us ekes out another couple of inches than we do. But we did make the podium. 

Seems Hollis, Maine recorded 18 inches as of last night. Acton was a close second with 15 inches. ....... Always the Bridesmaid, never the bride.

Oh well.

I will say the storm was a perfect storm. Light, fluffy and dry: My snow blower laughed and giggled as it tossed that snow 30-35 feet. Maggie had a blast and didn't bother squatting to pee in the deep snow. She just peed standing up. 

So, for a day, all is right with my world. Removing snow is what I was put on this planet to do it seems. And now I can actually get back to my life's work..

Bonus time. Looks like it will be one of those sunny Maine winter days that causes pain if you don't wear sunglasses.

Gotta run, the door yard is only half done. See Ya ..................................

____________________________

Today I am sharing music my parents listened to. According to family lore, at 3 years old, I would dance around whenever Dad played his Count Basie tape. 

Please enjoy this version of  "Jumpin at the Woodside" as played by both Count Basie and Oscar Peterson, two jazz greats from the early days of swing and jazz. It's a battle of pianos. Just excellent.


2 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

Lucky Acton. We still have a skiff of snow only. Cold weather is coming with lows in the -20s to -30sC. No snow cover means roots will freeze and so will critters that depend on snow for protection from the cold.

MRMacrum said...

Blog Fodder - I am afraid we are in for less winter than ever before.