Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Spud's Kielbasa and Sauerkraut

I am fairly proficient at cooking up meals that some would call mindless meals that cook themselves. But even mindless meals that only need some heat over time can become a ruined cluster fuck if I am in charge. So of course I was feeling some pressure when I announced I would cook dinner last night. 

For the first hour as it warmed up, I stirred it at least ten times. Better too many stirs than blacken the veggies or meat. You can't come back from black, though personally, a little charring is okay with me. It is my lovely wife who hates the aesthetic and taste of charred meat or vegetables.

All the while I was cutting up the ingredients and dumping them into the dutch oven, the TV droned on about how much of a rodeo clown show extravaganza the Republican side of the House of Representatives had become.

LOL bigtime!

I watched reporters trying to elicit meaningful comments out of Republicans who happened to walk out of the House Chamber. Every one of them stood rod up their ass rigid with mouths set hard as if they were all suffering pain they did not understand. Their comments were curt and/or non-existent. They were not happy that in three votes they had not chosen a Speaker of the House yet. Where had that famous GOP solidarity gone? 

The image immediately put a grin on my face that lasted all day and yeah, I am still smiling today because we are going for a repeat of yesterday. 

I thought, "Good.... You fuckin assholes deserve this. You have only yourselves to blame. I am loving watching you destroy yourselves."

On the other hand, any Democrat encountered in the halls were more than happy to engage reporters. They were smiling, kidding around, and stood relaxed with a look of smugness on some of their mugs while they engaged the press. The meltdown among their colleagues across the aisle was making their day.

I then thought, "Okay you flounders, don't be getting all uppity like you belong to a big happy coalition. You Democrats are very rarely ever all on the same page. Enjoy it while it lasts. And don't blow this chance the GOP has handed you."

And for once I actually thought the Democrats were being smart by not commenting too harshly or openly poking the GOP bear. They are happy it seems, to sit back and allow the Right to self destruct.

Thank you Donald Trump. 

Nothing makes my day more than a roomful of unhappy Republicans.

Keep it 'tween the ditches .....................................

________________________________

I had to test drive many tunes today before I came across this Bruce Hornsby tune,  "The Way it Is". Bruce and his piano have always been able to raise the hairs on the back of my neck. This tune certainly delivered the shivers. As to what it might have to do with the post, well, I think it fits. It's just the way it is.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh watching them fuckers go up in smoke makes my fucking day.

Nancy said...

Loved this one!

The Blog Fodder said...

Love sauerkraut and sausage. Hope you didn't burn it too badly watching the clown show.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm a fan kraut.
Coffee is on and stay safe