Saturday, January 21, 2023

Haters of Rainbows

Another post about the current crop of social media assholes passed by on my Facebook feed this morning. It only bolstered my feeling that Facebook is as far down the social media rabbit hole I am willing to go. I have stopped checking my feeds on Twitter and Tribe Social. Any thought of joining TikTok, Instagram, or other new Internet hangouts has left my building. The pasteurized stupidity Facebook allows is about all I want to deal with. 

A recent post I assume that came from Twitter or Instagram regarded the 50th anniversary of Pink Floyd's, "Dark side of the Moon". It caused homophobic assholes throughout the land to pucker hard because of the use of a rainbow in a logo. 

It does not matter to these homophobic trolling jerk wads that Pink Floyd's use of a rainbow on the original album pre-dated the inaugural use of the rainbow by the gay community by 6 years. Their intolerance of anything even remotely connected to their brain dead imagined evils of homosexuality is the grist they feed on as they work to take away many of the freedoms so many folks have fought for these past 250 years. That these losers are almost solely white pecker-woods makes me feel shame that my skin color matches theirs.

The Haters' poisonous notions and twisted perceptions of how Life should be, seep, ooze, and percolate rancid into every function of Society. They blacken and sully even the most innocent of ideals and public discourse. It matters not what it is folks are tolerant of, these haters of rainbows, books with different ideas, and the people who are different from them, ...... these haters of  things that should not matter are about intolerance first and foremost.

The intolerance, hatred, and pure evil that poisons their thoughts has created insular small minded communities that are a pox on all of us. Tolerating their existence without a fight is in my opinion a recipe for disaster down the road. 

Hate and Intolerance will always exist on the fringes and in the dark spaces of our human interactions. Left unchecked, their hate and intolerance can multiply and grow, turning the populations into scared mindless drones who rely on the vagaries of an uncaring ruler class for their right to exist.

The solution is easy and at the same time difficult. Do not tolerate their Hate. The problem is getting the apathetic off  their asses long enough to recognize the real danger the Haters represent. Apathy often wakes when it is too late.

I have tried to stop allotting them any square footage in my mind. But their efforts to ruin all the good Humanity has managed to attain through the many years of trial, death and desolation ....... Well, fuck em and the righteous horse they rode in on.

Seems it is indeed easier to hate than to love ....................................

__________________

The first song I checked out about intolerance was Tool's, "Intolerance". I almost pulled the plug in the first 30 seconds, but then I told myself this was Tool. Crank it up and give em a shot. Cranking the volume and a few more tokes did the trick. At full tilt boogie, your brain will feel it more than hear it.


4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm from Idaho and these hateful people and there ideals are thick as pea soup. The sad thing they justify by religion.
If you have time looking into Idaho first dist rep Scott Herdon.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Nan said...

The hating on rainbows has been going on for awhile. Every so often a news item will pop up about a cake decorator refusing to do a rainbow cake for some 4-year-old's birthday party. It doesn't get much dumber than freaking out over pre-schoolers liking rainbows.

yellowdoggranny said...

I have seen hateful language and violent activity and nothing is said or done but If I had said it..? I'd be in jail for 30 days again...bastids.

The Blog Fodder said...

Followed the Twitter thread. These folks are hard up for something to be angry about. How many of them have ever listened to a Pink Floyd recording? Count me in that group but I don't hate rainbows.