Saturday, September 03, 2022

We Don't Deserve this Planet

It's Saturday morning. I haven't a clue about what to write. I've been poking around in the dust bin of my cranial void only to discover that the cranial void is indeed empty and actually lives up to its name. There may be a shadow or two dancing in and out of the weak light, but for all intents and purposes, there is not even a promise or inkling of any worth waiting to be shared.

On that note, after copious amounts of coffee, a few righteous tokes, and after an hour of dealing with the mundane chores I usually steer clear of, I came here with something to share but in this run up to the big share, damned if I haven't become lost in the wonderment of my own words and forgotten from whence I came and why.

Whew! That was a long sentence. I used to write that way all the time. When it works, it can be a wonderful way to express myself. More often than not though, it falls flat and inspires no awe and leaves the reader thinking, "What the Fuck?" I know for sure it hasn't worked when I read what I just wrote and go, "What the Fuck" ?

We have had a couple of A+ days recently. We have one more time, been lifted out of the Heat Wave summer we are not used to here in the Pine Tree State. Mainers can take the bugs. They handle the cold and snow without thinking about it. We look forward to Mud Season. But the heat, Jeezus, it gets into the low 80's and we start melting. No exaggerations, I am not shitting you, people melt up here, become puddles, and have to be scraped up off the asphalt. We hate the Heat. Well, I do anyway. 

One of the reasons I settled here in Maine was because of the cooler temps. I have lived in warmer climes like Florida in the 1960s and Maryland in the 1960s and 70s. Yeah, I am no stranger to heat and humidity. I learned at an early age that when it is cold, you can always warm up by putting on more clothes. When it is hot, you can only take so much off and if you are still hot, you are a loser. 

Of course I came up with this observation back in the days before universal interior climate control. Now days, most folks would not think about not having air conditioning where ever they are; the house, work or while driving their car. Climate control is no longer something odd and special. We take it for granted now.

BA and I have acknowledged that Air Conditioning has its place, but its presence is not necessary usually up our way; a couple of weeks a summer maybe. We have AC in our cars, but not the house. This summer, there were many days in a row I wanted to have any excuse to drive the car somewhere so for awhile, a few instances, I could bask in the cool air hitting me in the face off the dash. I cannot imagine how miserable further south has been. 

All this brings to mind that we have ended up with what we deserve for being such poor stewards of a beautiful planet. And I don't want to hear recriminations, denials, or accusations. The shitty climate we are dealing with now is at the least partially our fault, but more likely, mostly our fault. Regardless, we were warned it was coming over 50 years ago. Instead of taking commonsense measures to mitigate the future Hell we were and are facing, we turned the issue into a political football being tossed back and forth while nothing got done. ..........  The conversations were endless and useless. 

We don't deserve this planet.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ................................

____________________________

Once I remembered this cover of a favorite Led Zeppelin tune I knew this was the song for this post. Enjoy turned to WOW, here it is, "When the Levee Breaks" - from "Playing for Change", a charity working towards Peace through music. Performers around the Globe work together remotely to create some of the best music available today. It's a damn good charity also.



4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I seem to blog about the same things. Oh I add book I start to read.
Coffee is on and stay safe

yellowdoggranny said...

I feel a 'thought you would like to know' post..coming.

The Blog Fodder said...

Hard to argue about climate change when we can look out the window and see it happening. 30+C weather in September is not unheard of but is happening more often. Severe droughts in one area and horrendous floods in another. Out of control fires on several continents. No Atlantic Hurricanes so far but when they begin, look out.
Sometimes it is hard to be motivated to write. I've been trying to blog about the war in Ukraine but I am not sure my readers want the fine details and that asshole troll keeps showing up. I could blog about my new (only) grandson but even cute baby pictures have their limit.

One from Ukraine said...

//and that asshole troll keeps showing up.

Yeah. And I am that "troll".
Who just don't like when you spitting on my dear Ukraine.
And/or spreading unchecked info, that would harm my dear Ukraine and would help Putin.
And going whining to fellow bloggers, for support, without providing true reasons and facts. How cheap.
Stop deleting my comments, and your answers to them, and let people decide who to blame.
What are you scared of??? That people would see that your accusation is all fake, maybe?


PS To Mike. Well, I am guilty. And ready to recieve your judgment. Without whining. :-)