Sunday, December 26, 2021

Puke Salad - Revisited


I am amazed at the ingenuity humans use to combine simple mundane ingredients, cook them and then serve them as gastronomical wonders that please tongues everywhere. How many failed recipes did Humanity have to suffer through to find the ones that separated food from just a survival tool into the dishes we have loved to get fat on?

Other than the folks who cannot get past the look of this wonderful dish, I have never met anyone who did not enjoy it. So, because of the interest shown in my wife's Puke Salad, I offer up the recipe she got from her first mother in law. It is so simple, it smacks as a recipe found on the back of a Jello box. So I doubt it has noble roots going back hundreds of generations or anything. But I bet it sticks around for the next hundred generations .............. If we last that long.

Enjoy. And while you are at it,

Keep it 'tween the ditches .............................................

8 comments:

BBC said...

Boy, that seems like a weird list of stuff to put together.

Nan said...

Really disappointed it doesn't involve pistachio pudding. Pistachio pudding was (and still is) the classic go-to for green food. Lime jello as an ingredient isn't quite as common. I think the biggest impediment to making this gourmet delight would be finding the two jello flavors it calls for. Neither one is common these days -- the citrus jello has been crowded off the shelf by sweeter flavors like blue raspberry.

PipeTobacco said...

I have had it often. It can be made with various flavors of jello too. My Mom used to make several colors to have it be more festive. Although, I think lime is best. And I have had it with and without horseradish….. some folks just do not “get” how good horseradish is (in damn near anything)….. and the salad is at its best WITH the horseradish, IMO.

PipeTobacco

peppylady (Dora) said...

The milk would do me in.
Coffee is on and stay safe

The Blog Fodder said...

I shall have to try it. We can get both gelatins here.

The Blog Fodder said...

Did you know all mushrooms are edible; some only once.

yellowdoggranny said...

im making thid fot the ggs, just to tell them they're eating puke soup..

Eva Wilson said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information.

Regards,
Online Dissertation Help