Friday, December 24, 2021

HO !


It looks like we are going to squeak through with a White Christmas. That 7" storm we received a few days ago was followed a couple of days later by freezing rain and now we have maybe 3 inches of the white stuff under ice to look out at and try to fool ourselves it is another normal Christmas in Maine.

Regardless, my family and I are going to celebrate the Holidays as we have for the last many years and yes, it will be much better than last Christmas. So I am counting my blessings with hopes that everyone will pause to count theirs. The blessings are out there. We just need to take the time and effort to push them to the front.

HO !   ...............................
________________________________

***  In the interest of full disclosure - Technically, the pictured Outhouse is not mine. However, I did follow its construction closely as my neighbor Duncan built it. I offered him appropriate verbal encouragement. I also used it once or twice just to say I did and to give it my meaningless stamp of approval. Finally, under extremely difficult footing conditions, I bravely ventured out and took that picture after the infamous Ice Storm of 08'. 

4 comments:

Kulkuri said...

The first Winter I spent in Bangor I thought I'd see my first green Xmas, but it snowed Xmas Eve. I heard stories about how much snow they'd get at times, drifts so high that they'd hear noises when walking over a spot and find out when the snow melted that they'd been walking over a car. Can't prove it by me, the 2 Winters I was there were mild compared to home.

peppylady (Dora) said...

We're having a White Christmas in North Idaho.
Merry Christmas

PipeTobacco said...

Merry Christmas, Mike!

PipeTobacco

The Blog Fodder said...

We had a very white Christmas which was nice