Sunday, December 12, 2021

Nothing In - Everything Out


This morning I  broke my newly created rule only days after creating it. I ordered myself to not allow a bad day to ruin my Sunday. While this has not become a bad day in the life, it seemed headed there after an hour of socializing on social media. 

Hmm................................

Now ain't that odd. A worldwide group of Internet communities called "social media" turns many of us into a Gloomy Gus, everyone else is an asshole participant. Civility is often only skin deep on many pages and sites. Why I forget this so often, I do not know. I still insist on deluding myself everyone on the planet wants to have a nice day. Regularly I rediscover the many people who revel in and celebrate being in an ugly mood, a judgmental mood, or just a plain ole mean mood. And like this AM, I often get sucked into the vortex. 

Most days I think a more accurate name for Facebook and its kindred spirit social media buds would be "Anti-Social Media".

Today though I snapped out of it, grabbed a fresh cup of coffee, sparked up a doob,and pumped the music up to Wow. I closed my eyes and focused on sweeping my mind clean; leaving Nothing inside and driving Everything out. Five songs into the Rolling Stones album, "Let it Bleed" I opened my eyes.  

Nothing had conquered Everything and my Sunday was back on track. _________________________________

The first time I heard "Let It Bleed" was in 1969. We were breaking into a recently purchased bag of pot in Snake's basement. The album was playing on one of those four foot long Motorola stereos so popular in the 1960s. His grandparents had bought a new stereo and they let Snake claim the old one for his basement retreat. The speakers only lasted for a month or so once Snake took charge of the furniture sized boom box. That was okay though. I hooked up some speakers my dad gave me and it sounded even better.

So here is a taste of that great album ................... "Midnight Rambler"

Enjoy.

Picking the best tune on this album was impossible.

Keep it 'tween the ditches .............................................

6 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

My dream, 50 years ago, was to own a pair of Klipsch speakers at $1000 in real money. I was in someone's house and saw a set, ugly, made of plywood but sound you can't believe. You could blow the windows out and they would not even rattle. I see they are still in business.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not much time with social media today. It can change one mood, mostly facebook.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Ol'Buzzard said...

You just don't have the sound today that you got from those big thumping speakers with a base that would shake your soul.
the Ol'Buzzard

PipeTobacco said...

I agree with olbuzzard about the speakers!!!

PipeTobacco

MRMacrum said...

Blog Fodder - When my father became an audiophile, he built everything for his electronic needs. He built crude ugly mono tube amplifiers, bad ass ugly speakers that stood 4 foot high and had 20 inch woofers in them. He sprinkled them all over the house, wired em up and when Mom was MIA, he would blow the roof off the house. The windows would move. It was great times. When he was not home I would play my Kingston Trio turned up to wow. I was 11 years old then.

peppylady - I am trying my best to now use moderation with Facebook. But like my experience with drugs and alcohol, I seem to have to jump in with both feet and wallow around awhile before I catch on. Maybe this last absence is the turning point.

Ol'Buzzard - Oh, those big bad ass speakers are out there today. They are just restricted to the cars that drive up and down our road.

Pipe Tobacco - The big speakers are still around, just not popular with the old farts like they were in the 1960s and 70s. Now we all seem to favor the more civil and polite sound that comes out of coffee table stereos like Bose produces.

yellowdoggranny said...

every time the gg's get in the car and I start it up they yell, turn it down ...turn it down..makes me laugh