Friday, December 29, 2017

Limits

1/28/12 - Carrot Ranch Challenge
99 Words - Prompt - wishing star

Maybe a tad irreverent.  All I can say is, it is what came to mind. ......... Oh well.

"Limits"

“Wish I were, Wish I might……… Ah, screw it.  This doesn’t work anymore.”

Crestfallen, Jesus stood on the Mount and stared up at the night sky.  Moments passed as he wallowed in self pity.  Off to his left, a brighter star than the rest seemed to come closer.

“Boy, I told you there were limits. “

“But Dad, how can I turn this planet around if you won’t cooperate?”

“Well son, I’ll tell ya.  No water walking, leper healing parlor trick is going to upstage that damn Free Will clause I enacted ………… Time to pull the plug.”
________________________

Contrary to my write from the hip style, instead of going with my first effort, I tweaked this one into three slightly different takes.   This was the third version.  And though I am still on the fence somewhat as to which one I like the best, I felt this one told a more complete story.

Regardless, seems I have gotten over that awkward period of re-acquainting myself with Flash. Cool. Trying to make it better is a good next step.

Oh Yeah - I wrote the first draft to the tune "Honey Dripper" as performed by Dr John, the Night Tripper.   Some of the Devil's music.


Enjoy 

Later Gator ..............................................

5 comments:

Ol'Buzzard said...

but that begs the question; does the cosmos really give a fuck about the human race and the gods they create in their image - gods that are able to effect the outcome of a football game.
the Ol'Buzzard

yellowdoggranny said...

we all don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things.

BBC said...

Staying warm up there?

PipeTobacco said...

Hey Mike, I submitted too. Thanks for putting up the link.

PipeTobacco said...

99 words is so tiny it was hard at first, but I am liking it. I hope they put up a new one soon. I thought it would go up yesterday.