Monday, September 18, 2023

When the Deluded Eat 'Ludes

I promised myself, which I presume also includes anyone who might stumble across my blog,.... Uh, yeah I promised myself to not post about Trump. If I couldn't, it better be a rare moment of madness and be over quickly. Any words written about the Orange Puke are wasted moments for me.

Well, this is one of those rare moments. It happened too soon after I made the vow to myself. But there it is, The Orange Asshole owns a part of my brain. It will be awhile before he doesn't. 

I ran across this quote that referred to the Donald's cognitive abilities. 

The quote speaks for itself and succinctly exposes Trump's failure to lock into reality. His steadfast refusal to take responsibility for anything indicates he has been taken over by a Napoleonic delusion of grandeur. He is acting like a delusional mental ward escapee who ate some Qualudes and is now insisting from his soap box he is right and the majority of people are wrong.

The Emperor has no clothes and Trump along with his slacked jaw minions just do not care. They are determined to inject their fear mongering madness into our country's soul. They seem intent on destroying with no thought as to what might replace it.

Two or three years ago, I decided that on occasion any healthy political system needs to be challenged and challenged hard. With that in mind it seems our system of government has had at least one serious self inflicted challenge in each of the centuries it has existed. 

In the 1800's, it was the Civil War and Westward Expansion. In the 1900's, it was two World Wars followed by opposing ideologies fighting for prominence in the 1950's, 60's and 70's. And now we have our first real self inflicted threat of this 21st century and I see it as a doozy. I am still hoping we can weather the latest and near future madness and come out on the other side none the worse for wear. In the meantime, I won't hold my breath.

There will always be challenges and moments of chaos. We need them to keep our system healthy and as honest as possible. These chaotic moments need to play out. Each time we defeat the assholes intent on trying to divert our country from the path our forefathers set us on, we increase the likelihood that the next challenge will be easier to face. 

There is no bigger threat to our way of life than the threats from within our own borders.  We are our own worse enemy. 

Keep it 'tween the ditches ................................

____________________

I picked this Metal song from Sprung Monkey because first and foremost, I like it. Most likely many who fire it up will not like it. ..................Oh well.

“White Trash” lyrics

Well you act like I should know you
Yes you act like I should care
Abrasive in your actions
Throwing your style everywhere
White trash, low cash thieving lying ignorance
One time, last time
You are not my f**king friend
No you are not my friend
Well you act like I should know you
Yes you act like I should care

Abrasive in your actions
Throwing your style everywhere
White trash, low cash thieving lying ignorance
One time, last time
You are not my f**king friend
No you are not my friend
I can see you are heading right straight into nothing
No you are not my friend
No you are not my friend

4 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

I fear for America, followed by Canada and many other countries as they fall into an authoritarian/totalitarian trap. When resources are limited, and they are getting more so every day, we automatically go tribal. Progressives try to buck the trend but nice guys finish last.

Kulkuri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yellowdoggranny said...

I do a lot of headbanging..saying.fuck trump fuck trump fuck trump

MRMacrum said...

The Blog Fodder - I feel bad that Canada has to deal with what trickles across the border from the States. But I appreciate having a country next door who is being "the good, or at least the better example for all those emerging 3rd world countries out there.

And yeah, there is some truth to "Nice guys finish last", but not as much truth as the adherents would have us believe. Assholes and nations filled with them always find a comeuppance to choke on.

yellowdoggranny - banging my head got old. Decided that turning down th evolume or the TV off more often has helped.