Monday, June 19, 2023

Angry Crows in My Brain

When I finally woke up for real this morning, my feet hit the floor and I stood up. An immediate wave of nauseous bewilderment passed through me. Well, let me just say I felt like dog shit looks. I floundered around for a couple of hours feeling sorry for myself and wondering if I had caught something during yesterday's Father's Day forays around and about southern Maine.

It was only moments ago when I sat down to write something, anything just to distract myself from my sorry self and how I had been sure I would be out of it for a protracted period. ............ I was finally able to make sense of what the angry crows in my brain were going on about.

They reminded me and assured me I would only suffer for a short time; at least within the scheme of the how long a life well lived or poorly tolerated might last. Finally, a louder voice than the rest spoke up okay, and shouted:

"You have a Fuckin Hangover you Fuckin Idiot."

"Hmm. Okay. Yeah, that might explain it."

Instantly I saw daylight on my horizon. I knew a hangover was survivable contrary to the evidence at the moment. I had survived multitudes of hangovers in the checkered days of my darker past. This too is most likely just a reminder of the many moments of inebriation from my younger and dumber days. I felt somewhat better and at the same time somewhat older than I was yesterday.

It has been quite a few years since I have been hungover to this degree. But like my days of yore, I felt the automatic survival response kick in. I reheated yesterday coffee, rolled a doob and sat down to write about the days when I often felt like this several mornings a week.

The crows have finally stopped their squawking. They are enjoying the cannabis now and quietly playing with the bright doo dads I left in the room to distract them. Yeah, its finally down to dull roar in there.

I might just get something done today. .............. Mmm, Probably not.

Later ..............................

___________________________

Please enjoy "Slightly Hung Over", by Blues Delight.

And again because of my new rule of including a tune with each post, I have discovered a new band to me. And best of all it is a band that plays the Blues.


1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Hmm…. Unless you had really “inexpensive” Guinness…. AND no one else participated…. it seems like the $50 Gift Certificate would not have likely caused a hangover, would it? Maybe prices are much better in Maine, though. I think around here Guinness is ~$10 a pint.

Glad, however that the hangover sounds as if it is dissipating. That is always a good thing. Drinking a huge amount of water seems to help too.

PipeTobacco