Wednesday, June 15, 2022

The New American Idiots

I would love to pat myself on the back for being able to fight the good fight against Right Wing lies, deceits, rampant hypocrisy, and yes, even treasonous behavior since Reagan and his evil bride Nancy first squatted in the White House in January, 1981. 

I look back on those times as idyllic compared to the horror show we have now forty one years later. At least in the 1980s, 1990s and the first few years of the new century, once the leaders from both sides of the aisle had beaten their favorite dead horses and championed their partisan views, they often found common ground, met in the middle and moved this country forward. 

Bipartisanship was a real thing back then. 

Now, twenty years later, any hope of cooperation from the Right has totally vanished. Any hope of the Left growing some balls has evaporated also. What we have today is an intractable gridlock that is exactly what the Right wanted. America is now controlled lock, stock and barrel by a nasty selfish minority while the Left stands on the sidelines wringing their hands and whining like little bitches.

The party of No, the GOP, has successfully ground the USA to a halt and are now busy demolishing any remnants of our great past in order to turn this country into a fiefdom for God and the Fortune 500. In the meantime, the Right has convinced enough of the their brain dead followers that feeding the Fortune 500 is the most patriotic thing they can do. It is sad so many people in this country are so stupid.

And though I blame the Right for most of the political and social carnage that has swept the land these past two decades, they could not have done it without the unforced errors committed by the Left. Instead of focusing on the issues swirling around the center, the Left allowed their fringe to push the agenda of social progress rather than the nuts and bolts of political realities. While Left Wingers are more likely to lend a sympathetic ear to the needs of exploited and forgotten populations, they can't do anything if they don't have a solid majority that has to include as much of the Center as possible. Policy and progress has to come from the center moving outwards, not shrinking from the edges in.

What it boils down to is The Right are mean, stupid bullies. The Left are a bunch of Nancies who are scared of the Winger bullies on the other side of the aisle. And frankly I am fed up with the both of them. And now that Maine has passed a law creating semi-open primaries for the 2024 election cycle, I am dropping the D next to my name on the voting rolls and replacing it with an I. 

Up until the Right went totally off the rails, I would often vote for the candidate and not the party. Beginning in 2008 I became a straight ticket voter. I voted against rather than for. No Republican has had my support since then. And now that I can vote in primary elections as an unaffiliated voter, I am all done with the Democrats except on election days. My votes from now on will always be against the Right, no matter who is running.

I am so, so very tired of the two party scam that has this country by its short hairs.

Fuck the Right.

Later .....................................................

________________________________

"American Idiot", by Green Day fits so well in the current cluster fuck that is America today. That Green Day released this song in 2004 points out how the cluster fucking began long, long ago. 


"American Idiot", Lyrics

Songwriters: Michael Pritchard / Billie Joe Armstrong / Frank Wright
American Idiot lyrics © W.b.m. Music Corp., Green Daze Music


9 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Nancy for some reason remind me of finger nails on chalk board.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Anonymous said...

What can I said to that?
Well, probably I should be keeping silence, but I always was brazen truth-teller.

If USA will not help Ukraine, deciesively -- that what you described that'll be ONLY future.
Reasons? Is obvious, isn't it? Or must I spell it all in details?
That with RFia's win, whole World will swing into direction of that rampant reconcista, where it is allowed and even encouraged -- to strengthen one's economical might any country can and even MUST cannibalize its smaller, weaker neighbours.
Cannibalize.
Or make em radioactive swamp and dump.


PS How, oh how I'd like it be gross and unreasonable exaggeration...

One from Ukraine said...

Am I too noisy? If you feel it this way, please, do not hesitate to state it openly.
I like to think that I come here only with important things, but well...

So.
You probably already know from news, that here in Ukraine two of your fellow americans, that who are brave and ready to take our war as theirs, was captured and most probably will be used to demand some political ransom or to use it in informational war.

What do you think? What would be(is?) reaction on this in USA?

MRMacrum said...

Peppy lady - Nancy Pelosi? Okay. Any GOP leader out there has the same effect on me.

Anonymous - The US has been and I am sure will continue to help Ukraine. As dire as the situation is there, I wonder why the countries of the EU are not kicking in more aid.

One from Ukraine - No, you are not too noisy. I don't pay as much attention as I probably should to my comment section. My bad.

Yeah, I read, saw, heard about the Americans. It will interesting to see how that turns out.

peppylady (Dora) said...

NO...Nancy Reagan

yellowdoggranny said...

elected democrats need to grow a pair..

One from Ukraine said...

\\Anonymous - The US has been and I am sure will continue to help Ukraine. As dire as the situation is there, I wonder why the countries of the EU are not kicking in more aid.

That was my comment too.
My assessment of it -- European countries (well, countries of core, or Old Europe... countries like Estonia and Latvia, Poland, Slovenia seems like doing their best or even more) proclaim to be democratic, proclaim to care much about "values".
But same time, they have that birth marks of being imperialistic too.
Like what France trying to do in Africa.
I even will not start to say anything about UK.
Turkey... or Tuurkie as they want to be called themself.
And etc.
They know very well, and understand very well that point Putin making...

So, if they'll push Ukraine into that corner of admitting defeat on RFia's terms -- we will know it for sure. That that is not a fluck. That is part of that same old or all-times politics of "divide and conquer". Or Burden of a White Man -- "divine" right to push into submittance and "civilizing", anybody who happen to show weakness...


\\One from Ukraine - No, you are not too noisy. I don't pay as much attention as I probably should to my comment section. My bad.

Not at all.
Its just technical problem for me -- if there is no feedback, I cannot be sure, or even just suggest what reaction to my missives is?
We are not like that reps, or religiots, to which there is no problem at all -- like, if there is no signs of god existance, that sure mean that he IS. :-)))


\\Yeah, I read, saw, heard about the Americans. It will interesting to see how that turns out.

Well, in terms of chess it is a simple "fork".
Britain either will try to communicate with that quasi-republic, putin's puppets -- and that way will legitimate em -- big win for Purin, as he see it. So he would produce more of such terroristic quasi-state in future.
Or.
They'd be killed on the spot -- which will make an information turbulance in world media, and as putin hopes, will scare off that volontiers from West that come to Ukraine to fight. While living him our of danger, as "it is indepenmdent states I have no connections with".
All wins and no drawbacks... as putin see it.

But I hope West will find a way to show to him, deciesively, that he is not right.


PS Sorry for wordiness.

PipeTobacco said...

Mike:

I agree with you about being tired of the two party system. Yet, the challenge is if we deviate, then the worse of the two parties gets the upper hand. It is a nearly impossible conundrum to deal with. I still am angry at Nader (used to be someone I admired a lot), because if he had not ran Independent, we would have had Gore who would have been a helluva lot better than Bush.

Did you ever get my e-mail? The one about writing groups?

PipeTobacco

The Blog Fodder said...

As an outsider looking in, it seems to me the Left certainly are not fighting back but by trying to appeal to the centre, they have nothing for anyone. Either they are progressive Left or they are simply Republican lite. 1/3 of Americans do not vote because there is nothing to vote for. The rest of the developed world seems to do quite well with the programs and laws that American think are radical Left.