Friday, May 20, 2022

Low Hanging Fruit

When I last cut my ties to the social media world and briefly va-kayed on a cerebral tropical isle free of the World's troubles, I told myself if I decided to return to the insidious jungle creep of the social networks, I would only comment or write blog posts occasionally on things political or religious. I discovered however, that for me, the only alternatives to political and religious commentary was staring at cute kitty pics and bad dad jokes.

Okay, okay, its not that bad. But I am indeed having trouble biting my tongue when the Right Wing conspires with the Holier Than Thou Thumpers to offer up so many, so often fat, rich targets of the low hanging fruit variety. They both lead with their chins. Their shenanigans are an addictive drug, an accident I cannot turn away from.

To combat their hold on me, I vowed to write no more than one political/religious bashing post a week that centered on the stupidity of the Right. It has been tough, but I have been mostly successful I guess regarding the political post limits I put in place.

What I did not account for was, not writing about something is easier than not reading about something. It turns out that my real addiction is not offering opinion and disdain, it was sucking in the massive quantities of hate, discontent, and lies  the Right and their Proselytizing  Crusaders for God live to disseminate among the foolish masses.

There is not enough time in the day to ingest all the daily nastiness the Right and their minions foist upon the socio-political landscape, physical and electronic. They are, if nothing else, busy little beavers intent on spreading their vicious virulent version of Reality into every corner of our country. It is not enough to pick on actual events and decisions the Left has blown, the Right feels the need to just make shit up and with straight faces, include it in the overall assault on common sense that they have been waging these last forty years.

Whew!

I should feel better now that I relieved myself of some pent up anger for all things Right Wing. Sadly that was just a calming moment, a brief toot of my whistle. I will be full up again before night fall.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ............................................

__________________________

Picking the music I think has become my favorite part of posting. ....... It only took a minute to locate, copy, and paste a link to the song I knew covered this post well.

"American Idiot", by Green Day was released in 2004. It is a song that not only has stood the march of time , it is more relevant today than ever. Best listened to volume that is cranked hard. And BTW, watch your head. Don't stand too close to objects you may bang your head on.


5 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Can I guess F.B stands for facebook. Some time I'm at awe over what people believes.
Coffee is on and stay safe

The Blog Fodder said...

Man did this post ever describe my reading habits. I am hooked on politics and the war in Ukraine. My inbox is full of stuff to read. It makes me glad I am a Canadian and that Biden will help Ukraine drive the Russians out completely so we can go home. I don't necessarily blog about politics as I leave that to the Americans, though I will comment from time to time.

Nan said...

I've pretty much given up on writing about the remarkably dumb shit the right wing nutjobs do. They're so totally determined to fuck themselves over that all I can do is step back and hope the dystopian nightmare they're creating for themselves happens fast enough that when their refusal to live in the real world kills most of them off there are a few sane people left to clean up the mess.

Ol'Buzzard said...

We hang in a precarious balance and I keep asking 'Where are the Dems?'
In space no one can hear you scream.
the Ol'Buzzard

yellowdoggranny said...

I just limit myself to collecting political memes.