Monday, November 25, 2019

Smokin Joe Biden on Smokin Roaches Monday


I have been awake since 2:30 AM.   Not whinin nor braggin, just letting anyone interested know that I enjoyed a good wake n bake just as the Sun poked its lil head up in the East. I had 3 1/2 hours to think about the pros and cons.  I decided the pros outranked the cons.  Attitude adjustments should always be on the table.  Retirement definitely has its perks.

I have been waffling of late over which stellar Democratic candidate I would like to see in the White House instead of Putin's Bitch.  There are so many choices, it is hard for me to nail down one contender who makes me wet like Obama did.   In 2016, Hillary certainly did not make me swoon. But I voted for her because, well, I knew we would be in a world of hurt should The Donald take the helm.  As it turns out he is actually worse than any nightmare scenario I came up with prior to his election.  But I am getting off track ..........

So here I am trying to whittle the Democratic field of candidates down to a more manageable number, say down to two or three with Good ole Joe Biden as the default.  The prime objective for the 2020 election for me is to replace Trump and as many Republicans as possible.  They are nothing now but a gang of chimpanzees hatefully flinging their shit around.  Any notion of legislating and leading from the Right has disappeared completely.  In its place is the new-ish GOP doctrine of just say No, while whining like spoiled little brats.

I decided Mayor Pete was my current favorite after earmarking him six or so months ago as someone to watch..  There was and is no second place yet, but there is always Joe.  Good Ole Reliable Joe Biden had my back.  He would bring some class and ethics back to the Executive Branch.

Hmm........... A couple of months ago I noticed Joe didn't seem to have much spark.  Sure he was and is reliable and way more capable than the current POTUS.  But I was not as enthralled as I had been.  And then just, what, last week or so ago, he said in a speech that he would not support legalizing Pot because he was pretty sure it was a gateway drug.  Just "Pretty Sure Joe?

Good Ole reliable Joe Biden is now not even on my list.  He finally blew it for me.  Never mind that the whole "gateway drug" scenario is Bullshit anyway, his behind the times stance on almost anything keeps him from even entertaining the least progressive currents now gaining momentum on the Left.  It is time for Democrats to stop being afraid of the Right.

As the Right careens headlong towards its lunatic fringes, the Left should step off the fence and counter the Right by embracing more of the basic liberalism the Left used to stand for.

Remember ............. Let's work hard to Dump the Right in 2020.  They deserve a good spanking ...... No, they need a good spanking.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ......................................................

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These times we're living in do have me awake in the middle of the night wondering where we should flee to if the WORST THING EVER happens in November 2020. Our motto is Vote Blue No Matter Who" but if that doesn't work, I'm getting my passport as a back up plan.

MRMacrum said...

robin - Yeah, a passport. I keep threatening to replace the one I lost when I was in my twenties. Even downloaded the application. Seems a shame we have to procure a a little book and ID just to actually leave the USA. That thought has some interesting conjecture wrapped up in it.

Nan said...

Canada will let you with just a real ID (aka an enhanced driver's license). Mexico might do the same -- haven't checked on the rules for the southern border recently.

I'm not that keen on Mayo Pete. I lean more towards Julian Castro. Joe Biden never made my list -- I figure anyone who's old enough to be on Medicare is too damn old. No more geezers in charge; people who are going to live long enough to see the consequences of their decisions need to take over.

Ol'Buzzard said...

totally agree. Joe is part of the same system that tolerates Trump (and our friends across the isle) On a stage with Trump, Trump would eat his lunch. I like Mayor Peat; but he is not electable. Fundamentalist Christians and Catholics and... could never tolerate a gay couple in the White House. Where the fuck does that leave us?

Two priorities: Beat Trump and legalize pot. It has got to be both.
the Ol'Buzzard

Ol'Buzzard said...

Also; I do the early hour wake-ups. Comes with age, I guess. Your post just reminded me that I was sitting here when I could be having a toke .... life is good.
thanks
the Ol'Buzzard

PipeTobacco said...

Perhaps I am naive..... but I am still hoping for a Warren/Sanders ticket or a Sanders/Warren ticket. To my manner of thinking, they would do the right things and help all people the best.

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

Robin..... I really like that.... “Vote blue, no matter who!” Great phrase!!! Great sentiment as well. And I will be doing just that, too. I just hope enough of us do so.

PipeTobacco

yellowdoggranny said...

only reason I think he is even running is they asked him and he figures he can keep the seat warm til someone better comes along..he sure screwed the pooch with the no legal weed comment..lost the Willie Nelson and Snoop Dog vote for sure.

MRMacrum said...

Ol'Buzzard - Life is indeed good. Spark it up.

Pipe Tobacco - Sanders/Warren or switch em- the combo would be better than anything the Right could cook up. But I worry about Sanders' health and Warren may have positioned herself outside of the Centrist vote. First and foremost, we need to beat Trump.

JACKIESUE - I think you may be right. He may be just goin with until someone in the gaggle of candidates gets the right light shining on them.