Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Stop wasting your time

Time is odd. We have this arbitrary marker of our day to day lives. "It's time to get to work". "Sorry, but I don't have time for that". And one of my favorites, "Stop wasting your time".

How is it possible to waste something that does not exist? Or does it exist just because we think it does? Time. Once again I fall back on my fascination with Time. People talk ‘bout the "Beginning of Time" and the "End of Time". Hmm. If there was a beginning, then what was before, "Non Time"? And what comes after, "No More Time"? And if so, then how do we track how long Non-Time and No More Time exists?

Looking at some of the contradictory logic "Time" is based on makes me sure that there is no logic. Time is belief based. The logic evolved from wishes and expectations. Just the words Infinitum and Forever indicate that Time never ends. And people believe this. The words "Eventual" and "Certainty" point us to a certain ending and people believe that also. Hmm. Makes my head hurt.

I guess all there is Descartes. Existence or non-existence. Think and you are. Don’t think and you aren’t. Time, just being an extension of our wishes and fears. It only exists because we think it does.

1 comment:

sprinkle4 said...

Thank you, thank you. I have finally found someone who agrees with me on this concept. I hope you don't mind if I use this the next time my husband and I get into a heated debate on the issue.;-) Peace......