Thursday, December 24, 2020

CRUM's Official 2020 Seasonal Salutation


I have never been a big fan of the Christmas season.  As a child, I learned to dread it's coming.  My father, who struggled with depression and alcoholism, ramped up his pain at this time of the year.  I inherited his tendency for both the demon rum and the depression. I tried to break the chain, but was only able to rein in the alcoholic overloading. Depression is part of me year round, but worse in December.

So here we are in a year tailor made for me to wallow in more depression than ever before in my life. Covid sucks, Trump sucks, and I discovered that what I suspected is actually true.  The planet has been allowed to be run by self serving jerkwads proving that the average slob, peon, serf, or drooling minion is getting what they deserve.  So yeah, I should be in depression heaven here.

Oddly, I feel more upbeat than Christmases from my recent past.  For all the lousy and hateful things we have done to ourselves this past year, there has been a tidal wave of care sharing, as average folks coast to coast rose up to meet the various challenges of 2020.  Against many odds and nattering idiots, millions of good people put nose to grindstone and carried our load. 

Their existence has re-confirmed my faith in Humanity and I see lights at the ends of our tunnels.

HO!

7 comments:

BBC said...

Have a fine christmas friend.

The Blog Fodder said...

Next year will be better. Every farm raised child knows this in their heart. Have a good Christmas and remember the days are getting longer now.

PipeTobacco said...

Mike:

I hope you have a happy, safe Christmas!!!

PipeTobacco

Anonymous said...

I am not a Christmas person at all, and yet there is something about this Christmas season that has brought out incredible kindness and good cheer. I am so glad you see it and feel it too. Yes!

amidnightrider said...

I have had people question why I celebrate Christmas even though I don't belong to any religious cult. I respond that Christmas has nothing to do with cultish behavior. It's about Santa and doing good things for others.

yellowdoggranny said...

consider yourself hugged by me..

PipeTobacco said...

Mike:

If love to hear your thoughts about the Coup that was tried on Wednesday.

PipeTobacco