Monday, November 09, 2020

The Voice of a President

For the first time in over 4 years, I heard the voice of a President. I had forgotten what a President sounds like.  Today I was reminded.  It was a confident, calming voice asking us to be united, not divided.   

I had left the TV news on and used it for background noise as I stumbled through my morning.  The voice of a President stopped me in my tracks.  The voice of a president was not coming out of a president.  He's not one yet.  We will have to wait until January 20, 2021 for the Voice to become official.  But I know the voice of a President when I hear one.

President-Elect Joe Biden did not whine, accuse, or spew lies.  There was no hate in his tone or his words.  His voice was all about a future he insists he will try to return to us.  His voice was promising that wounds will heal if we can stop pissing on each other's shoes.  And what I found most encouraging was, he did not promise nor claim credit for things he said he would do nor in things he had no part in.  He promised to go to work and asked that all Americans join him in regaining the heart and soul of what our nation used to represent.  Its not about us against them, rather it's about all of us together working to right our ship.

I won't hold my breath.  I am still harboring buckets full of hard feelings for anyone on the Right.  It is obvious the Wingers are feeling pissy also.  But then they always have been pissy.  Its part and parcel of the Winger soul.  If you ain't pissy about some dunderheaded move from those limp wristed black lives lovin rainbow losers of the evil Left, then you should not call yourself a Republican.

But today I again heard the voice of a President.  And when I did, I could almost see some light at the end of my self inflicted tunnel and my shoulders felt lighter than they have in 4 years.  Maybe there are better times coming our way after all.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ........................................

8 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

I too thought his speech was WONDERFUL!!!!

Looking forward to a return to a more normal climate.... and if we win Georgia Senate seats..... potentially some progress too!!!

PipeTobacco

peppylady (Dora) said...

Lovely speech, and he isn't bully.
Stay Safe and Coffee is on

MRMacrum said...

Pipe Tobacco - I am looking forward to the day when both the Democrats and the Republicans piss me off. That will tell me we are probably back on our imperfect course to the Future.

Peppy Lady - Yes, it is nice to hear calm coming from a President again.

Linda said...

I have hope for the first time in awhile. It may be thin due to the antics of the GOP right now but it is there and that feels good.

Ol'Buzzard said...

About thirty five percent of this country are perpetually angry; and they are not the ones below the poverty level. They are white men and women in the middle economic class. They will still follow Trump, even when he is out of office, and dream for him to running again in 24.
The Republicans will continue to block legislations in the Senate.

But that said: Trump won't have the power of government behind him and we won't have to listen to his rants every single day on TV an Tweets. This will be the new/old normal.
the Ol'Buzzard

capejohn said...

We always knew that everything Trump touches dies. It's so refreshing to have a President replacing a reality show creep in the White House.

Some things will become much better. But....If Georgia comes through with two Senators. Everything will be better.

MRMacrum said...

Linda - The break in the clouds gives me some hope. A bigger hope is the Dems don't become complacent as is their tendency after winning the Presidency. The Left needs to stay aggressive and surge forward with retaking control of more local and state elections in all states.

Ol'Buzzard - Yeah, the GOP will continue to delay and be the bad actors we all know them to be. A large chunk of the country will let them. But as long as the Left continues to press, the power of the Right should diminish over time.

capejohn - even if the GOP retains majority in the Senate, 48 Dems, 2 Independents and a Vice President will go a long way in forcing the Right to be more amenable to compromise.

yellowdoggranny said...

I'll celebrate when they swear him in.