Sunday, July 19, 2020

The Farmington Drive In

Dave Gutter looked out into the audience last night, squinted and said,  " Not used to seeing cars in the audience."

And that about covers the oddest and one of the best concert experiences I have ever had.

Rustic Overtones played in front of a capacity crowd of cars last night at the Farmington Drive In, located just off the main drag in Farmington, Maine.  Farmington is a smallish rural college town, where the men are manly and the sheep are nervous.

The band was on, Dave was on, it was one of the best Rustic concerts ever.  And once I got used to sitting in a nice lawn chair sipping hard cider as the Sun dropped off the edge, it dawned on me how this may be our future.

Life is now officially in the BoZone.

I was impressed with how folks honored the rules last night.  Social distancing was awesome and there was no obnoxious bullshit based on the political stupidity we are currently trapped in.  Folks wanted to be out.  Folks wanted an attempt at normalcy.  Folks wanted to have a good time.  And I think they did have a good time. I know I did.

My daughter Lis arranged this expedition up country.  Her and Mr.Man could have gone alone or asked friends closer to their age.  Instead, they asked BA and I to come.  After all these years, my daughter is and will always be my best friend.  Thank you.  BA and I needed last night.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ........................................

3 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Glad you had fun! And especially glad there was no bullshit about how to function either.

PipeTobacco

yellowdoggranny said...

that is sooo cool..our local vfw has family movies every friday night..urged to buy their dinner from local restaurants and they are required to stay in the cars..cars are roped off...
I think the music venue is a great idea too...wish I had that kind of relationship with my daughter..sigh*

MRMacrum said...

Pipe Tobacco - A flawless night. It was excellent all around.

JACKIESUE - I see a bright future for drive ins.