Monday, March 02, 2020

No Roaches Monday - Smokin or Otherwise

I looked in the basement, the garage, and my office. There were no roaches to be found.  This is Monday ferchrisakes.  How am I to make it through the day without at least one roach to smoke?  That's what happens when a lifelong habit becomes just another SSDD activity that has no thought invested or planning laid out because I have taken said activity for granted all these years.

Habits, good and bad, need nourishing environments for them to prosper into habits we can depend on.  A habit has to first, be recognized, then nurtured from passing fancy into the life support tool we want them to become.  Their negative or positive effects on us only important as the importance we assign them.

If I think a habit has gotten out of control, I will most likely choose to stop said habit.  If I have no problem with it, I go on my merry way, happy as if I had a brain.  And yes, sometimes a habit can become so onerous as to raise concerns of those around me.  I would be lying if I said none of my habits irritated others.  

My childhood tendency to always ask "why" about anything caused my parents no end of frustration.  Their frustration only fed my new habit of how to irritate parents because they deserve it.  I found I could punish them to the third or fourth "Because I said so" before I had to duck and cover.  Wonderful game that lost its luster when I learned around age eight, there are too many answers to the question "why".  If I wanted an answer, I more often than not, had to find it for myself.

But I digress, and I did it right out of the blocks.

A post that  has a designated time and place in my communiques to the World should be experienced as the rules I have written demand.  No roaches around?  Guess I will have to roll up a couple joints and smoke em just so I can smoke a roach or two on Smokin Roaches Monday.

Damn.  Two joints may be too tough to take just to make two roaches.  .... Hmm     Oh well, its more about the effort than the result.  Right?

Keep it 'tween the ditches ............................................

4 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Mike:

Great post! The idea of habits as a life support tool is pretty damn profound, actually.

So, how is your refraining from tobacco going now? Do you still refrain?

For me, I hit the two year mark away from my beloved pipe and pipe tobaccos about two weeks back. Yes, I have refrained.... but truth-be-told I sometimes feel akin to a “dry drunk” about it. I still think about pipe tobacco, still have dreams about it.... every day.... the only thing I haven’t done is smoke any.... yet.

PipeTobacco

MRMacrum said...

Pipe - No Tobacco yet. I guess I am well into my 3rd year now. Its odd, but I hardly think about Bacca now until someone or something kicks a trigger. At this moment I am thinking how nice it would be to roll a cigarette. ........ Nah. It ain't worth it. Cost me too much to quit. Not going to blow it now.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Now we are legal. At least in the State.

yellowdoggranny said...

I was and still not a weed smoker..last time I smoked (the new stuff is stroooong) I laid in bed freaking out cause I was afraid I would forget how to breath..