Sunday, January 10, 2016

What's That on the Horizon?

Well, Happy New Year ............

And another year has been stashed in the quiver I keep my memories in.  Along with many of my teen aged cohorts, I never expected to make it this far.  Matter of fact, I was supposed to have exited before the Millennium.  Self Destruction, the only thing I was interested in before age 25.

........... Hmm

38 years later I sit here trying to scare up some kind, any kind of feeling for where I have been, how I got here, and where I am headed.  Maybe that is the secret of my success. ............. or the bedrock of my failure.  I just don't give tomorrow much thought, nor dwell on the past unless stoned with head phones on.

.........  Hmm

What's done is done.  What will come, will come.  What it is........... is taking that next breath and trying not to trip over our own feet in the process.  The rest is nothing but filler.

Keep it tween the ditches....................................

3 comments:

Kulkuri said...

Like you I never thought I'd get this old, but then again I never gave it much thought, just plodded along day by day. Now I'm wondering if I can outlast members of my family that have gone on before. I doubt if I'll outlive my grandmother, we thought she was 92 when she died, but she had lied about her age when she came to this country and was actually 96. This year I will reach a nice sexy age!!

BBC said...

The older I get the more I just roll with the flow, never planned on getting as old as I am anyway. Kicking da bucket will free me from political speeches.

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Happy New Year, Crum. (Please excuse the belatedness of the wish, and the dearth of visits to your blog.) If you know a way I can re-wire myself so I can stop dwelling on the past, and just plod along one day or week at at time as you do, I'd be pleased to hear your advice.

Closing in on age 50, I am. I hope a better sense of balance comes with it. Progress has been made, but man, the steps are baby ones. Or maybe that's just how life is supposed to work....

Cheers, mate. May the great State of Maine continue to show us how life should be.