Sunday, August 19, 2007

Stand in the Place Where You Live


I am right at this moment having a REM moment. A friend emailed me this photo of your's truly the other day. I had forgotten I had posed for this Kodak moment. Had I known I would become a Mountain Biking icon in my own mind, I would certainly have gusseyed up a bit more. Put some socks on maybe. Changed my shorts. Or even a clean Tee shirt. But no, I appear before you as I usually appear. The king of casual. At least I tucked my shirt in and didn't pull at my crotch.

A small memory of the 24 Hours of Great Glen before I caved to exhaustion and spent as little time as possible standing anywhere.

2 comments:

amidnightrider said...

The photo kind of looks like a refugee camp in Bosnia I saw on the news some years ago.

MRMacrum said...

About 3 AM Sunday morning, it sure felt like one.

The first thing you learn the first race you do is never camp close to the Porta Pots.

Useful tidbit there if ever you have to refuge.