Friday, January 14, 2005

Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow

"Never do today what you can put off til tomorrow". I won't take credit for these sage words of advice, but I have to say, they have become words for me to live by. Well, at least while my wife isn't in view. That's my motto for all the unpleasant chores, the honey do projects, and especially snow removal of any kind. An unpleasant and thankless activity to be avoided and put off as long as possible.

When Mother Nature drops a load of white crap on us, I will spend hours watching the Wheather channel in hopes of an upcoming thaw or change to rain. Not until the Postal Lady threatens to go Postal, or my wife pulls out "the Broom Handle", will I get off my sorry butt and dig out the mail box. It's going to snow for a few months anyway, might as well let it finish, before clearing the drive. Do it once, do it right, or don't do it at all.

Unfortunately, I have never been able to go with the "do it once" idea long enough to test it's merits. The impatience of others always makes me give up on the experiment prematurely. So my pursuit of complete and utter laziness remains unfulfilled, creating an unhealthy turmoil within my lazy ass soul.

But pray long enough and eventually that prayer may be answered. Last night, the wheather guy on channel 6 promised an overnight thaw, followed by serious rain. Yeah right! Like they get it right, what, maybe 5% of the time. Well I guess if you predict the wheather long enough, one forecast is bound to be on target. When I went to bed, there was 18" of white in the dooryard, on the drive, and on the roof. I woke this morning to bare ground, asphalt, and no ice dams. Yes! Mother Nature came through just like the wheather guy said. It must of rained buckets last night. Finally, a woman took pity on me.

And by the way, In your face, Postal Gal!

No comments: