Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

It is the day before Thanksgiving.  I would call it Thanksgiving Eve, but for some reason we only allow ourselves two Eves, Christmas and New Years.  Regardless, it is the day before Thanksgiving and I sit here in front of  a replacemnet computer we had in a box.  My recently beefed up, tweaked and highly tuned monster computer pulled a hamstring and is on the inactive list until the team doctor looks it over.  So much for more power.

It is 4:20 AM.  Snow is beginning to stack up some outside.  They were calling for 4 to 8 inches in our area and well, after the last fiasco of getting 20 inches when only 8 inches were predicted, I am not going to be optimistic they got it right this time either.  Any hope this very odd warm Fall is going to continue much longer fades with each new inch on the ground.

My daughter came home for Thanksgiving.  Instead of our usual 3 person quiet family get together, we will be walking down Sam Page to Brendan and Susan's place.  Along with 15 other people, we will sample dishes from all over the neighborhood.  We were told to bring appetizer and dessert.  I voted for cheesy bars.  Bobbi shot me a look.  She had other plans.  As I am not expected to help make anything, I was not expected to even voice an opinion.  I scooted back to my man cave and let her alone.

It is now 10:30 or so AM.  I have successfully removed my second snow pile of the season from the driveway.  Thankfully the repairs I made to the snow blower at the end of last year seem to be working out.  The machine is a beast once again.  Only 7 inches this time.  So I guess for the 2011/2012 snow season the local meteoroligists are batting 500.

If nothing else, try to forget the madness going on out there and have a gut busting pleasant Turkey Day.

Keep it 'tween the ditches........................................................

8 comments:

Tom Harper said...

I say heck with tradition. Let's party on Thanksgiving Eve. A little Wild Turkey to warm up for the other turkey.

susan said...

Thanksgiving was always my favorite American holiday. The Canadian version on a random Monday in mid-October pales by comparison. So, yes, I hope you're celebrating Thanksgiving Eve. You have all weekend to recover.

BBC said...

I went to a community thanksgiving dinner today, and will again tomorrow.

Sounds to me like some folks in the north east may be roasting their turkeys over a campfire. But wouldn't that be cool?

Have a relaxing day.

The Blog Fodder said...

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Commander Zaius said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! I'm hoping the Lions beat the Packers today.

Kulkuri said...

Heading south into Cheesehead Land to have turkey and watch the Packers beat the Lions. Tomorrow will bring back a boat that I gave away and is now coming back.

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Crum. (A day late and a dollar short, I know.) Hope the neighbourhood potluck dinner was enjoyable.

okjimm said...

//I was not expected to even voice an opinion//

ah, the secret to a good marriage...!! or, at least a great holiday...

alla best &stuff