Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Inevitability

I guess it was inevitable. People in my wife's working circle were dropping like flies. Okay, they may not have been dropping, but many people around my wife have recently tested positive for Covid. 

Day before yesterday, BA felt a cold coming on. She tested negative, so she went to her office. Monday night, she felt worse and yesterday morning she tested positive.

She did not go to work yesterday. She did not go to work today. That is the first time in a very long time I have witnessed her taking any kind of day off, let alone two in a row during Tax Season. So, besides a very sick wife, I am dealing with an angry one to boot. I look for no sympathy. This is my chance to rise to a new challenge and help my mate. She certainly deserves all that I can give her.

She called our doctor. He prescribed Paxlovid. I waited in a very long line at the Hannaford pharmacy, picked it up, and drove home. Now BA and I have done all we can do except make her as comfortable as she is willing to stand. Inactivity is not one of her strong suits. Me, well, I can get sloth-like in a heartbeat. Just give me a reason. No, I don't need a reason.

The big question I have at this point is will I fall to the evil Covid. So far, any symptoms I may have are safely hidden among all the minor old fart complaints that come with being, well, an old fart. I am not worried though. Whatever happens is beyond my control at this point. My primary concern is helping my wife get back to work.

My primary concern is getting her back to work? ..............  Without context, that might seem kind of cold I guess. In my defense though, cold was not what I was aiming for. Getting her back to work is what will make her happy. BA is a very focused lady. She has been as long as I have known her. She makes plans and then follows those plans to the end. Tax Season is the biggest annually occurring plan she has other than keeping me from driving her wacky. When a plan goes awry, or is interrupted, she can become testy. So, it is partly out of self interest that I will do what I can to help her get back to work, but more important, work makes her happy. And that's just fine with me.

Next up .......... Will Crum also get Covid? ...... Stay Tuned ..................

______________________________

My first thought about a musical companion to this post was:

"Covid? There ain't no music to go with Covid."

But I knew better. After many months in a row of chasing songs to include in my posts, I have determined there is a song out there about anything one could come up with. The question is do I care enough to chase down a suitable song? ...... Nah.

I defy anyone to not tap their feet once this tune gets up to speed. Here is "Killin Floor", by Lil Ed & the Blues Imperials


2 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

People continue to come down with Covid even when fully vaxxed and boostered. The virus keeps evolving. I hope your spouse has a mild case and is up in a week instead of two. Article the other day said that In times past ther ehad been three other corona viruses that began like Covid and gradually evolved into the common cold. Maybe ther eis hope for this one too.

PipeTobacco said...

Mike…. hoping your wife is doing well and is back up to snuff quickly, especially since she sounds like “focused, doing-things” is her happy place. Also hoping you stay negative too!

PipeTobacco