Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Out of Control Stupidity

I have yet to met anyone who has not been stupid, done something stupid, thought of something stupid at least once in their lives. On the other hand, I have met and dealt with people who insist on being stupid on a regular basis and will not admit it. I call them Wingers now days.

This problem of intermittent mass stupidity came and went over the years. I figured that in order to raise the smart folk to the top of the heap, there had to be a widespread swath of stupidity among the ranks to help make them stand out.

With over 70 years now of dealing with my own stupidity on occasion, I realized early on, I was not going to rise to the top. I would have to settle on being part of the sample that helped the smart reach the top. My ego won't allow me to think I am always stupid, but just stupid enough to spoil any chance I have of saving the World,

I had resigned myself to this support role for the smart. But then something happened to not only make me feel better about myself, but at the same time told me there were many more people many IQ points dumber than I was. And it seems that over the years they have collected together in one group who take pride in being as stupid as possible.

They call themselves the Right Wing and they work hard on trying to out stupid each other whenever possible. No better example exists than this Daily Show clip on rising sea levels where Jon Stewart  points out one of the many depths of stupidity the Right works hard to reach.

Enjoy this video. It made my day and at the same time made me sad that we allow this level of stupidity to run rampant among our leadership class.

Climate Change Tutorial

I have watched this video many times since this I first saw it an hour ago. Each time, I laugh harder.

Thank You Jon Stewart.

_____________________

I picked "Only a Fool Would Say That", by Steely Dan as today's musical choice.

Donald Fagan was less than impressed with the Beatles and specifically, John Lennon. Reportedly, he considered "Imagine" as one of the stupidest songs of all time. "Only a Fool Would Say That" was his response. 

I liked the Beatles ....... yeah I really liked them. When they broke up, I was sad, felt let down, and then I moved on. Since their breakup, I never got into their individual efforts very much. There were some tunes that sparked like their earlier team efforts, but they never reached the heights as solo acts they attained as a group. 

I admired John Lennon for his activism and his music when he was a Beatle. But the music he created with and without Yoko left me flat. I agree with Donald Fagan. "Imagine" sucked when it came out. It still sucks today. No amount of years will change my mind.


No comments: