Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Inevitability ll

This post got off to a very rocky start when I wrote the title before I started the post.  I had meant to tie it in with a previous post "Inevitability", posted a few days ago. Only, I wrote "Inevitable ll" instead of using "Inevitability" as I did in the previous post. As is often the case, this snafu with the words in the title caused me to lose my focus on just what I wanted to write in this post script of sorts to the earlier post.

Then I coughed up some really ugly semi solid clear crap and remembered why I came here today.

When my wife came down with Covid 10 days ago, I resigned myself to the inevitability of me catching it also. Most of the couples I knew around here seemed to have shared the experience. 

I was right. I did catch Covid. While not the often fatal ride of the original rounds of 2020 Covid, this watered down version is certainly no picnic. I have been this sick before, but it has been years. Once I finally scored a prescription for Paxlovid, by the second day of  pills, I was feeling almost human again. 

One of the worst parts of the experience was the accumulated sleeplessness. Next, would be the red nose syndrome which I have hated since childhood. But absolutely, without a doubt, the nastiest mind blowing nightmare of this disease for me has been the incessant 120 decibel sneezing I am experiencing.

Oddly, coughing has not been an issue really. It has not been that frustrating, no satisfaction coughing that leaves me with sore ribs and a shredded throat. So far, when I wind up to cough, I am rewarded early and not frustrated. But sneezing......... Well, sneezing has been so bad, so often, and so violent, I've had to change my drawers more than a few times. But since there has not been much food intake recently, the bathroom disasters did not amount to what could have happened.

I may be counting chickens that haven't hatched yet. After all, I am only into Day 2 of the prescription. But, the almost immediate turn around since Sunday night, well, I am feeling confident Life will become tolerable in a few days. 

As always, please keep it 'tween the ditches ..............................

__________________

Music today is a tune that always makes me stomp my feet. That is how much better I feel today. Please enjoy "Good Thing", by the Fine Young Cannibals.



No comments: