Friday, May 06, 2005

Tapped out

I can always tell when the limit of what I can handle has been reached. Unfortunately, it seems I have to reach the limit before I recognize it. After reaching this limit many times over the years, avoiding it would seem an easy task. But no, some lessons need to be pounded in on a regular basis. This time might be different. I might be seeing it before it crests. Or think I do. The reality may be the limit is passed and what I see is rear view observation.

Regardless, the limit is near. Either in front or behind. If I want to remain healthy, sane, and somewhat content, I will have to disappoint a few folks in the next couple of weeks. At least this time, I made no hard promises. I only indicated I would do what I could. A weak escape clause, but I will use it if I have to.

In the meantime, I continue to bear down on what's in front of me. Ticking off each chore and obligation as each is successfully completed. And without looking too hard at the length of the list, I take on the duty next in line and concentrate on it. One step at a time.

A Postscript
GG, the cat I mentioned some days ago seems to have been resurrected. The little bugger got in my face this AM. His eyes were not sealed half shut. They were no longer cloudy and he was back to his normal wheeze instead of that death rattle he has been sporting for the last month or so. Damn cats. Just when you are ready to take them on that last trip to the vet, they pop back like nothing ever happened. Anyway, it's good to have him back and on the bounce. His buddies will be happy.

No comments: