Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Crum's Law of Following Dogs

So, this past weekend we baby sat Lis and Mike's pets while they did who knows what down in the Philly Area.  While the experience has many cute pet tales to tell, it was an observation I made concerning removing dogs from my path when there was more than one.

After exhaustive study for 4 days I have determined ..... "It is 3 times harder to move 2 dogs out of one's way than it is to move one dog out of one's way."

Often when asked to move, they will look confused, wag their tales and in a default move, sniff each other's butt.  It is like they are saying, "I see your lips flappin, but I don't know what you mean."

Though these loyal fur bearing friends mean well, they will often fail to complete requested removal and instead, take you out at the knees.   If they were cats, I would be sure they did it on purpose.  But being Dumb and Dumber canines, they just cannot help themselves.  Dogs are goofus doofuses.  And that is what makes them so endearing.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ................................................

3 comments:

Nancy said...

So true! We noticed the same phenomena when we had two boxers. Our current dogless state is partly due to our wish to remain upright at will.

Ol'Buzzard said...

I have loved all my dogs and my cats; but there is no comparison in intelligence. You can teach dogs to do things and they will respond to kindness, but cats are always thinking.
the Ol'Buzzard

yellowdoggranny said...

Bill was my smartest dog..he could do Elvis lip curl on demand..and Dexter was the smartest cat I ever saw..miss them both.