Monday, April 16, 2007

A Sad Day

I had hoped to relate something humorous today. I had every intention of not letting the severe North Easter battering my area get me down. Returning from a short errand and witnessing the destruction left from many inches of horizontal rain and high wind, I had hopes that some fun writing would pick my day up to at least tolerable. But I turned on the tube before I sat down to write.

The news was full of the events that transpired earlier today at Virginia Tech. Many dead. Many wounded. And a nation stunned by the outrageous insanity that gripped the campus this day.

I sit here too astonished to even be angry. I sit here poleaxed by the thought one person could lose their mind in such dramatic fashion. I sit here saddened by the lives lost for no other reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And I cried.

The events of this day have overwhelmed me. I have nothing more to say.



No comments: