Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Aging is Relentless

I was 61 years old when the new haircut picture on the left was taken. I was sure I was an old fart by then and my then current aches and pains were payment in full for a life lived carelessly over the previous 61 years. They surely would not get any worse.

Ah, the naivety of the young. They just don't get it. 8 years later when the picture of the disheveled me was taken, I was 69 years old. Surely, this aging gig had finally peaked.

That had to be as obnoxious and uncomfortable as aging would get.

Ha!

I will be 72 in a couple of weeks and the aging process has not relented. It is even more tenacious now, with attacks on body parts I didn't even notice I had until pain had set up shop in them. I have resigned myself that the pain of aging will only stop when my ticker stops. Learning to accept the often painful discomfort is what I need to focus on. Pain Management is what some folks would call it I guess. 

BUT, I didn't mean to get off track like I just did in the first paragraph. What caused me to dwell on being old was a meme I spotted on Facebook regarding how too many of us old farts do not take advantage of the wide open world of Senior Discounts.

Asking is the best way to find out for sure if where you are shopping, eating, etc. offers senior discounts.

Aging never quits

Aging never lets up

No one will miss out 

If they make it that far

Doesn't seem like a fair trade 

For lasting so long

But Life is not fair

Glad I never expected it to be.

Now I look forward to whatever aging throws at me. It's part of the trip. 

Keep it 'tween the ditches ......................................

_____________________________

Again, there is only one song for this post. And Yeah, it's another anthem for me. Here is "Old Folk's Boogie", by Little Feat.

Grab a Fat Blunt. Strap on some headphones and find a comfortable chair. This tune always moves my hair.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sucks don’t it.