Little kids pick their noses. There might be one or two who didn't, but I would not believe anyone who claimed they never have. Picking one's nose is an early rite of passage.
I picked my nose as a child. Because I had a small schnoz, it became apparent the chubby fingers I wore on my hands were not going to support my nose mining career for long. My physical limitations eventually stopped the practice. Until that time though, my mom was my "boy who cried wolf".
Don't Pick Your Nose ...... You'll Pull Your Eye Out
I remember heeding her warnings at first. I freaked out; probably had a bad dream or two. Because I was a kid, I could not or would not stop stuffing fingers up my nose. My mom would never yell, she would just repeat her patented response. Eventually, I figured out she was bullshitting me.I held my preferred nosepicking finger against my nose at the point I figured would be as far in as I might be able to insert it. No way Mom, the end of my finger was inches from my eye. so, the next time she caught me and warned me:
"Not-Ahh, my fingers are too short."
She laughed. Apparently nose picking was not one of Mom's seven deadly sins. These early interactions with Mom are what helped to prepare me for the cynical lifestyle I would fall into as an adult; especially the world of Politics I would get into.
The Left has their Twisted Patty Pants, but nobody gets their knickers in a knot faster and more often than the Right does. The Wingers tend to believe anything their leadership tells them. False claims of Doom and Gloom over molehill issues are their stock in trade. Crying Wolf is second nature to the sleazy leadership of the GOP and every other other Right Wing group I can think of; especially now that the Orange Buffoon has the whole bunch of them by their short hairs.
Hmm ...........................
Somewhere in my mind, tucked in a corner where the dust bunnys live, is the reason and connection to the short Internet article I read this morning regarding another possible way to keep Alzheimer's disease at arm's length. At the moment, I am still hoping to locate the original connection.....hang on.
The short internet article regarded one of the "simple" measures a person can take to help avoid the onset of Alzheimer's or other signs of Demetia; Listen to music more. Apparently it doesn't matter what music, but tthe article did indicate that the music of our youth was a great place to start.
Okay, so now I have all the excuse I need to continue my time Rockin Out to Oldies, Newies, and music I never heard of before.I have become an ancient mariner of sorts, who cruises the Planet's tunes on a daily basis. I have discovered so much unheard music, I am positive that like the Internet, Music is found everywhere and to deny myself the pleasure of hearing it, well, that is just stupid.
As to connecting the dots that lead back to nose picking? .... Damn, it just ain't happening today. I would be smart to disconnect now ..............
That is all I have for today ...... Keep it 'tween the Ditches ......................
_____________________
It's Tune Time and once again the vapid empty space between my ears fails to inspire. ... Hmm, might try turning some music on bud............
Today - "Crazy Mary", by Pearl Jam. Just might be my favorite Jam song.

No comments:
Post a Comment