Monday, October 09, 2023

Granny

I have become enamored with the art or is it enamored with the image commentary on our Human Experience created by "Al Margen" (A pseudonym) . He hails from Argentina. Most of his art transcends any local or regional peculiarities and addresses concerns all of Humanity may experience at one point or another as they plod their way to the ends of their trails. I am going to try to use one image every week as a springboard for the post that day.

Before I even read the explanation to this visual comment on the right, I was reminded of my mother in law, Granny. If ever calling someone a saint was not an overstatement, calling her one would cover that. 

She was the heart and soul of her family. She sacrificed so much to make sure her children had every tool she could find to help them succeed in Life. Yeah, she was awesome. I miss her.

She developed Alzheimer's; irrevocably proving Life is not fair and throwing serious doubts on the existence of a compassionate god, or even the existence of a god at all. 


Granny was a quiet force of nature. She did not talk much. She did not boast at all. She specialized in steadying boats, not rocking them. She was Good as anyone could ever be. And yet her light left her long before her life did. In my mind, there is no more insidious and evil malady like Alzheimer's.

Yeah, the above image reminded me of her.

Keep it 'tween the ditches ...................................

______________________________

I had in mind a song by Pink Floyd and then I found "Blank Stares", by Jay Allen. Not sure what to say about it other than I shed tears.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m not afraid of dying but I am afraid of dying of Alzheimer’s.

MRMacrum said...

Anonymous - My body is afraid of dying I think. But me, well, I have not given it much thought really. Oh sure I have considered death, but only as an abstract idea I will never get my head around until it is staring me in the face. Alzheimer's though,I have had bad dreams about.