Saturday, January 13, 2018

Its Official I Guess

Okay ........ Hmm ....... So I guess I cannot say I am not retired anymore.  A year without a paycheck is either being out of work or retirement. I have had no interest in pursuing gainful employment since my bike shop sold, and saying "unemployed" offers a promise that I might be looking for work.  I certainly do not want to give the wrong impression. So "retired" it is.

So what have I done to fill my days for the last year?  While some nagging honey do chores have been addressed, the additions to the list I made a year ago with the best of intentions, created an even longer list.  The list will never be broken.  I need to come to terms with this and be grateful I have so much more to avoid than I used to.

One of my regular blog visitors, Pipe Tobacco, commented in my last post about Trump. He was surprised I hadn't focused my attention and ire more on our fearless leader.   Well, I guess it is a case of being over exposed to the asshole.  I can't watch or listen to a broadcast without Dimwit in Chief being thrown in my face.  Frankly I am tired of him, tired of the Republicans, tired the spineless whiners on the Left, and absolutely have had it with the media enabling all those assholes.

I am just fucking fed up with the noise.

Instead of bitching about his Royal Highness, I decided to throw my energy in a new direction - Local Politics.

If you do not want to be frustrated and bored at the same time, don't just go to weekly selectman meetings or committee meetings.  What you need to do is join a committee.  Do that and you can be frustrated, bored, and occasionally pissed off.

I joined the newly formed marijuana committee set up last September.  Seven members tasked with providing information to the selectmen and citizens regarding the commercial and retail side of legal marijuana in town.  Myself and two others represent the Pot smokers and the rest want to bring back the 1950's.  It has been a very contentious experience.  Tempers have flared, feelings hurt, and you know what?  I fucking love it.

Keep it 'tween the ditches .........................................
____________________________

New Flash Fiction over to BoZone Too

7 comments:

jadedj said...

With you regards the drumpf crap. Refuse to listen to his irritating voice...sick of every other article being about him or some ludicrous remark he's made...and fed up with the outright lies.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Good for you. But retirement is like going through the steps of grieving: you are at first confused, then you volunteer and get involved, then you pull back get rid of volunteer obligations, then you plant a garden and then finally except doing nothing is OK - you fall into a comfortable routine and just marvel at the ignorance of existence.
You have a way to go
Enjoy
the Ol'Buzzard

susan said...

Is drawing pictures for a blog the same as volunteering?

As for paying attention to the Troll in Chief I far prefer to watch comedy - you know, the professional kind..

yellowdoggranny said...

local politics is very fulfilling..

PipeTobacco said...

Mike:

I am so glad you posted again:

1. I apologize about the tRump comment. I agree with you 100% that there is too damn much about him and his insanity already around us nearly every waking moment and I can truly understand not feeling like adding more to the mix. What I meant more in my original comment to you was that I was surprised that you had not written much about him *because* I was anticipating some good writing from you about him.... I tend to enjoy your political posts a lot because they usually are very clear, very straight forward, and damn near always say something pretty much like how I feel.... but in a bit better way.

2. Being on that committee sounds like a great thing (frustrating yes, but still very good). Having a more reasoned voice to counteract the 1950's mentality of the others means your efforts are meaningful.

Being a bit naive about the material myself, I have to ask about the photo. I am not sure what it is... but I am presuming it may be marijuana, but it looks like it was stomped into a mud puddle. But, I do not really know. It sort of looks like the shape of Maine, so I do not know if that was purposeful or not. If you wouldn't mind, tells us more about it the image.

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

Mike:

One more thing.... I wanted to say thank you about the Carrot Ranch Literary Community. I learned about it through you and it has been a lot of fun.

PipeTobacco

The Blog Fodder said...

Committees are fun if you remember your blood pressure meds