Wednesday, November 09, 2016

The Day After

I sat in front of this computer before I turned it on and just stared at the dead screen.  I sat here for quite awhile trying to get my mind around what happened yesterday.  I decided to not post any response to the complete repudiation of everything I had stood for since, well, 1980 at least.  I did not turn on the computer.  I was sure I had nothing to say.

I stumbled through normal morning routines and wasted time staring out one window or another.  I sparked up some doob to commemorate the one small consolation prize I had taken home from this election.  Recreational Pot in Maine is now a done deal.

 Once I had become satisfactorily baked, I decided that maybe I should at the least try to get a grip on my overwhelming sense of disappointment in yesterday's election.  In times like this throughout my life, writing down how I feel can be cathartic.  Then again, it sometimes backfires, leaving me angrier than before I put pen to paper.  It is indeed a crap shoot.  The Doob has certainly helped to keep the ape-shit angry part of me at bay.

Donald Trump will be our next president. ............

Hmm ............ There I said it.  The reality is now right in front of me in black and white.

I don't have to like it, but I do have to accept it.  I have to accept it if I can expect to move past this dark day and face whatever days are coming at me.  Wallowing in angry despair will do nothing but make every day an angry day.  There is no point to being angry when there is absolutely nothing I can do about the outcome.  It is what it is.

I won't wax poetic or look for Pollyanna hiding in the shadows in my mind.  There is no positive twist on what happened.  There is no silver lining I can see at this point in time.  I will allow my anger to churn and burn awhile and wallow in my own self pity.

At some point though I will snap out of it.  I always have.  Because I know that all we can do in this Life is put one foot in front of the other and try not to stumble.

Later .................................................................

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am feeling the same thing. Well, I'm not smoking anything, but you know what I mean.

I not going to panic nor resort to hyperbole.

One hour at a time.

PipeTobacco said...

Mike: I am feeling rough here. It is hard to explain, however I tried in a new post.

PipeTobacco said...

Comment quit working, so I started again in this new comment:

I like the look of your pipe! It looks like a fairly large sized bowl for marijuana... Most I have seen (not that I have seen many) were pretty damn tiny. I also congratulate you on the legalization in Maine.

Sometime, I would appreciate it if you could take a try at describing what being "baked" is like. Never having tried it yet, I do not know. I imagine it as being like a beautifully strong drunkeness, but with no hangover the next day. How far afield is my imagination about this?

Maybe some day my state will legalize it too, and then I will be able to give it a try. I hope so, as I have always been curious.

PipeTobacco

Anonymous said...

It is a quiet day here, full of dread and fear about the future. I don't know what to expect, but I suspect it won't make me happy. My sister worries she is going to lose her health insurance. I am surprised that we got to this place in our country. I keep hoping for enlightenment and keep being disappointed every time. Yeah, pot is now legal here in California too. I don't partake, but I'm still glad about it.

jadedj said...

A day later and I'm still numb. I'm trying to shake it...but. A good article by Garrison Keeler entitled Trump Voters Aren't Going To Like What Comes Next:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-voters-will-not-like-what-happens-next/2016/11/09/e346ffc2-a67f-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html

Ol'Buzzard said...

This morning, Thursday the 10th, I called the town office and was told Mary Jane vote was still not determined. I am waiting to light up; meanwhile I am visiting with John Jameson.
the Ol'Buzzard

Kulkuri said...

Now that California and Maine among others have legalized Cannabis, the rest of the country will follow. Altho I suppose there will be pockets that don't, they still have "dry counties", don't they??

yellowdoggranny said...

fuckit.I'm not getting over it, I don't want anyone going 'there there, things will be ok'..fuk that..fuck that fuck that..I'll never get over my country betraying everything this country has stood for..remember the old movie? The Russians are Coming?" that's on Trumps agenda fuck that fuck Putin and fuck the voters that voted for Trump and fuck those fuckers that voted independent and didn't vote at all.

MRMacrum said...

Nasreen - Panic is the worst frame of mind to fall into. As you say, "one hour at a time".

Pipe - I feel your pain. Two days later, I am still in a state of disbelief.

The pipe is just a normal sized bowl for partaking of the doob. I like it because it has good draw and is easy to clean.

Your request to describe what being "stoned" is like intrigues me. I will have to give it some thought.

Robin - I too am worried about losing my insurance. Thankfully, I only have to worry til April, 2017. Then Medicare kicks in.

jadedj - Garrison does have a way driving home a point.

Ol'buzzard - It does appear I prematurely ejaculated.

Kulkiri - It does seem that legalization in some form or another is inevitable.

jackiesue - You fucking go girl! That it might work out is not looking good right at the moment.