Friday, May 13, 2016

The Ironical and Tyrannical Paul LePage

A reality show on the "Animal Planet" channel located somewhere in the guts of most cable TV collections is called "North Woods Law".  It follows the exciting and edge of your seat exploits of the Maine Game Warden Service as they attempt to chase down drunks on ATV's, drunks on snow mobiles.  catch drinking fishermen with or without a license and oh yeah, they also go after illegal hunting of all kinds.

I view it as a kind of Yankee version of dumb Red Necks caught being stupid.  Fun to watch on occasion, but hardly thought provoking.  Just another mediocre show in a huge field of mediocre shows.

Apparently our grand and wonderful governor, Paul Lepage finds the show insulting and demeaning to the residents of Maine.  He contends it serves up a bad example of Maine to the rest of the country.

Hmm  ........................ I repeat,  Hmm............ Can you taste the irony?

Sorry Paul, but that horse left the barn the day you stepped into Blaine House the first time 2 elections ago.  You have single handedly set up the worse example for Maine since I first came to the state as child to visit my aunt and uncle in the 1950's.  There is no worse example than your very existence in a position of power.  You are hand's down, the worse thing to happen to my state ever.

And BTW - what's up with their dress uniforms?  Looks like they are wannabe Mounties from Canada.  At least they don't look like gestapo cops like the Massachusetts state cops do.

Later ....................................................

4 comments:

Unknown said...

But how do you REALLY feel about Governor LePage? :)

MRMacrum said...

Nasreen lqbal - Because I am trying to restrict my political commentary for obvious health issues ( blowing a gasket maybe and ending up a drooler), I have benched posts about politics. Only allowed on the field when an obvious internalized political pressure needs to place a pinch hitter at the plate. I can only take so much of LePage and his crybaby, bullying ways.

Another way to put it about my regards for LePage - I actually fantasize having the chance to slam my front door in his face.

yellowdoggranny said...

made me laaaaaaaaugh

Ol'Buzzard said...

We have LePage thanks to a third party that split the Democratic vote. It seems like you cant voter for the person you would prefer, but must always vote against the person you dislike. We need more than two parties, but three will not work.
the Ol'Buzzard