Thursday, December 04, 2008

Chasm


Great defining voids loom
Amity turns dark, engulfing
Friendship developing cracks
Another tie unbinds, unwinds, disintegrates

Destructive years shared lanquish
Silence screams in our presence
Detached and tuned out
United in our pretension
Fronting a cheery facade

Words may not mend it
Intentions will not patch it
The time of deeds left undone
Now upon us as we ignore
Indifferent to what is no longer there

Circling in the distant kind thoughts
Fond remembrances fade with the sunset
Of the day we had together
We will try to sleep it off
Troubled souls rest fitfully
And dreams do not last


PS - A piece I began many years ago. I offer it now as not so much a comment on what is going on in my life as something I did and now want to share. I have reworked it and most likely will again if the spirit moves me.

No comments: