Wednesday, January 10, 2007

This Non-Winter

This non-winter we are dealing with this year is beginning to grate a bit on me. It is nice to be able to continue yardwork I normally ignore in the Spring and Summer when all I have time for is beating back the lawn. I have more hours in the yard in the last month than the last 3 years total. I have made a difference. The 60 foot long 6 foot high pile of brush on the north border of my property is testimony to that. I have ridden my bike more than in winters past. I am not looking this gift horse in the mouth. I am taking advantage of it.

But there has to be some payback. The other shoe will fall at some point. The longer this unusual wheather blesses us, the stiffer the price. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And that is why I am nervous. That is why I actually would like to wake up to a good foot of white crap some morning. Might make me feel Life is back to normal. Or at least heading in that direction.

No comments: