Friday, April 08, 2005

The Dustball in God's Pocket

When I was a young punk, I took Chemistry in school. We were right in the middle of learning the Periodic Table, valences, protons, electrons, neutrons, etc. At the same time, I was also a regular at the local church of my choice. One day when I was hanging out just pondering the why of it all, I had this flash of insight as to what it all is really about. It went something like this.

The Universe is made up of planetary systems. Planetary systems are made up of planets revolving around a sun. There are billions and billions of these systems. This is exactly like atoms. Atoms are made up of varying numbers of electrons circling a nucleous. So, I figure our planet system is just an atom on the dust ball in God's pocket. Earth, but an electron in that dustball atom. This would make God a really, really, really big person. Which would fit right in with how some folks see him.

No comments: